Chapter 32 - Losing Patience

[Correlates with Chapter 75-76 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

I held myself together and didn't text Mackenzie today. Yet. It's been hard. I want to fight for us, but I also want to get her space like she asked. I'm confused and hurt. I know I shouldn't be hurt because I'm the one who hurt her and fucked all of this up. But I'm so god damn hurt.

I turned my phone off and got very high to help. Getting high is what has been helping me. Other than the fact that Ryan just showed up here this morning saying he just 'wanted to visit', but I think one of the guys called him last night and told him to come.

"Guys I'll be right back." I told Ryan, Travis, and Kade.

"Where you going?" Ryan asked me.

"Umm" Why couldn't I think of what to say? "Just to the store." I lied.

"Yeah?" Kade asked with a laugh. "Want me to come?" He asked with a smirk. He knows I'm lying.

"I'll come for the ride" Ryan also said with a smirk. This is the first time ever my lie is not believable.

"You're driving passed her house aren't you?" Travis said as he started to laugh. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not going to drive passed her house" I told them as I crossed my arms and leaned against the door frame. "I'm just going to her house." I said getting them to laugh. "I just want to see her."

"Didn't she say yesterday to give her space?" Kade asked me.

"Yeah, but-" I stopped talking and groaned. "I don't even care. I'm going to just go." I told them as I stood up straight.

"Fuck it. You should go." Kade said back.

"Agreed." Ryan also said.

"I'll see you guys in a bit." I said then walked away. I'm going to try to see her. I can't wait anymore. I can't even sleep at night. I want to fix this.

***

When I pulled up to her house, I saw her friend Alissa's car outside and Mackenzie walking out the front door. Once she noticed me, she froze up. I got out of my car and walked to her as she started to walk to me.

"What are you doing here?" She asked confused.

"I wanted to talk" I told her.

"Well I'm actually leaving to go somewhere" She said. I nodded and sighed. I guess Alissa's here to pick her up.

"I know you said you wanted space, but I couldn't wait any longer" I said and then she crossed her arms and bit her lip. I can tell she's confused. And I'm sure she just wants to go since she's getting picked up. The silence was my answer. I nodded slowly. "I won't hold you up any longer" I said then turned around and got back in my car. She didn't stop me. She got in Alissa's car quickly. She didn't want to talk to me. That hurt me even more.

***

"Why don't we go to the club tonight?" Ryan asked me. "Some of the guys said they are going." He added. I shrugged.

"I mean I don't see why not." I said back to him. Right now we are in the back yard smoking. "I do need to do something to get my mind off of her." I told him.