Chapter 65 - Everything Is About To Change

[Correlates with Chapter 64-67 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

Something feels so off today. Mackenzie is more quiet. She's barely talking to Ryan. It's only them in the room with me right now. Besides the nurse who is in here checking my blood pressure and all that shit. They do this every day. I'm used to it.

"Okay that's all done" The nurse said. Mackenzie stood up now.

"Can I ask you a few things? Outside?" She asked with the fakest smile on her face. The nurse nodded so they both walked out. I wonder what she's asking. Probably asking when I'll "get better". I wish I could just tell her so she'll feel better. But I can't. I just can't.

And not only is things weird with Mackenzie, but with Ryan too. It's like he is fine. Yesterday, he seemed like a mess. But now today, he is so normal. It's almost like he knows. But there's no way he would.

Five minutes has passed and she hasn't came back in. I felt off since she got here and now this. Something might be going on.

The worst part about this is being so out of the loop. No one tells me shit because I "can't speak". They tell me little shit, but nothing big.

When the door opened, I looked over quickly. Justin... He walked in with Mackenzie behind him. It looks like she's been crying. God I feel awful. I don't want her to be sad.

"What's up bro?" Justin said as he walked more into the room. He said hi to Ryan as well. I looked at the tv. But I felt a stare on me. I looked over at Mackenzie who was staring at me. Her eyes were so teary. She shook her head and turned to walk out, but Justin grabbed her arm. Hell no. She looked up at him now. He whispered something to her. I couldn't hear it since the tv was on and they talked so quietly. I don't like that. Not at all.

She turned around and sat next to Ryan. Now she whispered something to him. He just nodded and looked at her confused. Then they both got up and walked out. What the actual fuck is going on? Everyone's being so secretive and I can't do anything about it. This might make me break. I'm not even kidding.

After a short amount of time, they walked back in. They both sat down again. I just looked back at the tv. I really hate not being able to do anything about this. This is so weird to me.

The door opened again, but this time it was a nurse with pink scrubs. I've never had a nurse with that color scrubs walk in. She's not from this floor. What is she doing here? She looked at Mackenzie.

"Mackenzie McCann?" She asked her. I looked at Mackenzie now. She looked frozen and stuck in her head. Justin tapped her arm. She shook her head and looked at the nurse. "Mackenzie McCann right?" The nurse repeated. She nodded and stood up. But then both the boys stood up getting Mackenzies attention.

"I got this one" She quietly said to them. I almost didn't hear it, she was so quiet. They both sat back down again. She looked over at me now and I'm sure I can't hide the confusion on my face. She blew me a kiss then walked out. What the hell? I looked at the boys now. They whispered something to each other. Wow. I really fucking hate this.

***

Gigis here now. She walked in without Mackenzie. She didn't even know where she was. I knew that because she asked the boys where she was. Ryan took Gigi out of the room to tell her. That pissed me off so bad. I could tell now they are keeping me out of the loop on purpose. So I have no fucking clue what is going on with my wife.

The door opened so I quickly looked over. It's her. She quietly said, "Oh my god" when she saw Gigi. Gigi stood up and quickly got to her.

"Oh Mac" She said hugging her tightly. Mackenzie started to sob into her arms. Is she crying because I'm still in here or is something bigger going on? I feel like something bigger is definitely going on. Unless I'm driving everyone crazy. But Ryan is acting normal today. I might actually go crazy.