Chapter 23 - Hate/Love You

[Correlates with Chapter 55-57 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

I took another shot and then shook my head. I should be so happy that I'm out of jail. I'm at the club with the guys now. I'm pretty drunk not going to lie. The second I got here, I was taking a lot of shots. Escaping the jail obviously was really stressful. And on top of that, Mackenzie didn't try to text or call me and I didn't even try either. I'm not sure what to do.

I love her. I miss her. But if she doesn't want me, I'm not trying. I've never gone through this so I don't know what to do. Of course I want her, she makes me feel normal and for the first time in my life, loved.

Half of me wants to chase her and do the most I can to get her back because I am Jason McCann and I get what I want. But the other half of me doesn't want to look desperate for one girl.

"Jason" I heard Travis' voice. I looked up at him and he pointed down stairs. I walked over to the railing and looked at the bar where he was pointing. Mackenzie is here with her friends. I didn't say anything to him as I just walked away and walked down the stairs.

I don't know what I'm going to say to her, but I do want to see her reaction when she sees me. That could mean a lot. Even though what happened in the jail wasn't good. I don't even think we are on good terms. Maybe if I act like we are, everything will be okay. But I'm also drunk, she might not want to speak to drunk me.

As I got closer, I watched her take a shot and place the glass back on the bar. Her friend Becca looked right at me and smiled.

"Oh look we have another friend!" She said as she pointed at me. Before Mackenzie could look behind her, I wrapped my arms around her waist.  She turned around and looked surprised to see me. She took a step back so my arms fell from her waist. She didn't even smile when she saw me. But I smirked to keep it cool.

"You're out" She said in a confused tone. I laughed.

"Duh. Of course I would be. Glad you're here." I told her and she frowned. Wow. She isn't even happy to see me.

"You told me you hated me yesterday" She said and I laughed. I placed my hands on her waist. "Stop I'm not your girlfriend" She snapped at me so I moved my arms. Why does she have to be so fucking rude for? I'm so dumb for believing her love for me.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I snapped back at her. I'm a fucking idiot for thinking this could work. "You know what, fuck you" I said to her and her jaw dropped. I took a step back. This was a mistake. I should have stayed away. "You're right you're not my girlfriend" I said back then I walked away. I walked to closest group of hot girls I could see. They all smiled over at me. "Hello ladies" I said to them with a smirk.

"Hi" The one girl said to me as she stepped closer to me.

"Hi" I said back looking at her. I didn't even want to talk to her. "Do you want to get a drink with me?" I asked her.

"Sure. Do you ever come here? I think I would have noticed you." She said to me and I chuckled. Do I ever come here? That's funny.

"All the time" I said back to her. She placed her hand on my arm. I looked over towards Mackenzies direction to see her staring with a pissed off look. Good. I looked back at the girl. "What's your name, sweetheart?" I asked her.

"Jessica" She told me. Yikes, that name reminds of me Janessa. "What's yours?" She asked me.

"Justin" I lied. Before she could speak, Mackenzie walked over and grabbed the girl by her hair. My eyes widened.