Chapter 82 - Its Over

[Correlates with Chapter 37-38 After The Runaway. Book 3]

"Quickly" Cameron whispered to me. We turned the corner in the hallway that lead us to Chases apartment. And there he was with his keys in his door about to go in.

"Chase?" I asked surprised to see him. He looked up quickly. I put a fake smile on my face as we walked over to him.

"Oh hello Justin." He said and put on a smile that was clearly fake and tried to hide the fact that he is terrified. I love it.

"I didn't know you live here. That's so crazy. My buddy lives down the hall." I lied as I walked right up to him. He is so scared. He's not hiding it well.

"W-wow that is crazy." He let out a nervous laugh.

"You know what, I actually just bought a car that's why I came here to show him." I said as I pointed to Cameron. "It's sick as fuck. You should walk down with us." I said to him. We tried to grab him before he got into the building, but we were too late. So I came up with this plan to just harassment him a little before I torture him some more.

"I would, but I have papers to grade and-" I cut him off.

"You're going to walk down there with us." I said with a nod.

"I can't-" Now Cameron cut him off.

"Start walking." He said in a stern tone. I looked at Cameron who lifted his shirt just a little to show his gun. I looked back at Chase. He nodded and started to walk. If he goes for his phone, I'm snatching it so fast.

"If you ask anyone for help, I will kill them." I said to him. He stayed quiet. But I can tell he's literally shaking. I smirked to myself. "How's school, Chase? How did you get the job? Fake ID? Fake resume?" I asked him sarcastically.

"You don't actually care." He mumbled.

"You're right. I don't." I said with a chuckle. We walked out the doors and he stopped once he saw Johnson and Travis standing by the van with the back door open.

"What do you guys want?" He asked us as he faced us.

"For you to get in the van." Cameron said back.

"W-what did I do? I didn't-"

"What didn't you do is the real question." I said to him. I took a step closer and swung at him. I took him down easily. He tried to get back up quickly, but I knocked him right back down. Then Cameron and I picked him up and pulled him into the van.

He's done for.

***

"One more hour till they get here, McCann" Travis told me. I nodded as I loaded my gun with more bullets. Today is the day we get them. It's been four days.

"What should we do until then?" Cameron asked me. I looked over at him and leaned back against my chair.

"We sit and wait" I said with a smirk. I looked down at my watch and saw it is almost three in the afternoon.

The last time I really talked to Mackenzie was yesterday before they had dinner. I've been trying to keep my phone off, but there are points where I just miss her so much, I just need to hear her voice. I turned my phone on this morning to text her good morning, then I turned it right back off. When this is all over I can go right back home to her and Drew. I miss them so much and it's been a couple of days since I last saw them.