Chapter 34 - Secrets Spilled

[Correlates with Chapter 79-80 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

Its 9am and I just got to Mackenzies house to pick her up to go to New York. I'm tired and a little moody. So are all the guys. Mackenzie's mom let me in and went right back to the kitchen after we said our hellos and now I'm about to walk into Mackenzie's room. I opened her bedroom door to see her laying on her back on her bed. She already has her shoes on, which is good.

"What are you doing Angel?" I asked her. "Did you finish packing?"

"Yes, but I'm too tired to move" She said and I chuckled. She didn't move. I grabbed her bag and her phone for her. She sat up and looked at me now. She pouted. "Can I have my phone?" She asked me and went to grab it, but I held it further from her.

"We really have to go" I told her so she nodded and stood up. I handed her her phone now and she turned the lights off and we walked out.

"Did I make us late or something?" She asked as we got downstairs.

"No. Some of us woke up late. It's too early" I told her as we walked outside now.

"Yeah you're telling me" She said back. The driver got out once he saw us and opened the trunk for me. I placed Mackenzies bag back there then we got into the SUV. Mackenzie and the guys said hello to each other then she laid her head on my shoulder.

"You can sleep on the plane" I quietly told her. She just nodded and didn't move. I just can't wait to be there. Something about being in that house brings me peace.

***

"Babe" I'm trying to wake up Mackenzie. We landed finally. She slept the whole plane ride. I started to shake her. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around like she was confused then looked at me. "Come on" I said to her. She stood up without saying a word and grabbed her bag. She's so cute when she's sleepy like that. I walked off the plane with her following. As we walked to the car, Mackenzie got next to me and out her hand on my shoulder so I put mine on her back. We got into the first car with me driving. She got into the passenger seat then Hunter, Kade and Travis got in the back. Johnson and Cameron are meeting up with some people for business so they are going alone.

"Still tired?" I asked Mackenzie since she still hasn't said a word since she woke up. She nodded instead of speaking so I just started to drive. She's always tired. "How? You slept last night and the whole plane ride?" I asked with a little laugh.

"I wish I knew the answer to that one" She finally spoke. I just shook my head and grabbed her hand.

"So when does Ju- I mean whatever his name get here?" I'm going to kill Travis. I was caught off guard so I tensed up at his almost slip up and I just hope Mackenzie didn't notice.

"We'll talk later" I told Travis. I felt her eyes on me. Fuck. I glanced over at her. "At the meeting" I added to try to help the situation. Everyone stayed quiet and Mackenzie didn't question anything. Thank god. The car was silent until a phone started to ring. Mackenzie grabbed her phone from her bag.

"Hey Gi" She answered. Mackenzie instantly let out a giggle. "What?" She asked. "Oh my god thank god! I knew it! Who's cheer caption?" She asked sounding excited. Oh it's about cheer leading. I shook my head. "You're lying! There's no way I'm cheer caption again" I heard her say. I looked over at her with a little smile. She looked at me smiling and grabbed my hand again. "Gigi I'll call you back" She said then hung up. "Guys! I can't believe I'm cheer caption again!" She said to us. She sounds really happy. I chuckled at the way she's reacting and squeezed her hand.