Chapter 51 - Surprises

[Correlates with Chapter 29-30 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

Somehow Mackenzie convinced me to agree with her for her to go back to work. She wanted to go get her mind off of everything and she wanted to drive herself. You know I wasn't happy about that. But very sneakily I had Kade and Cameron sit at her work and make sure she was safe. That's the only way I was able to actually breath today.

And now to add to this already stressful day, Justin came and surprised me. What really surprised me though was he brought a girl that is his fiancé. Justin has a fiancé. Good for him I guess.

He ran inside to grab a drink so I started to ask her questions about him. But she started to tell me funny stories about him. Stories that were actually making me laugh. As much as I hate to admit, Justin used to make me laugh all the time.

I started to tell her something about him until I heard the back door open. I looked over and smiled to see my wife. She gave a smile I knew was fake.

"Hey Mack" I said to her. She looked right at Brittany, Justins fiancé.

"Hi Mackenzie McCann" She held her hand out for her to shake. I smirked and held back my laugh. She's bold for saying McCann. She's also jealous. I don't know why.

"Brittany Collin" They shook hands and she looked at me. "I'll let you two talk." She said looking between us both. "I'll be inside." She smiled then walked away. I looked at Mackenzie and laughed as I shook my head.

"What's so funny?" She asked crossing her arms.

"The jealously when you stepped out of the house" I told her. "Mackenzie McCann" I mocked her as I laughed. But she rolled her eyes. I could tell she wanted to laugh a little.

"Who was that?" She finally asked me.

"Justin's fiancé" I told her and her cheeks got a little red. I laughed once more then pulled her to me by her waist. She finally laughed and shook her head. This is actually the first time I've heard her laugh in days. "Awe babe!" I said then kissed her cheek a few times. She giggled. "You were jealous"

"No"

"Yeah" I dragged out the word.

"Yeah" She agreed making us both laugh. She leaned up and kissed me then hugged me. I held her tight and kissed the top of her head. "I had no idea he was engaged or even had a girlfriend" She said as she looked up at me.

"Yeah I'm just meeting her today too" I told her and she pulled away from the hug.

"Let's keep our company some company" She said making me chuckle. I grabbed her hand and we walked into the house together.

She's doing a little better even though she was attacked only a few days ago. She's been so strong about it. I give her so much credit. But it keeps me up at night. I love her so damn much. I never want her to be in pain.

***

"Babe" I'm trying to wake up Mackenzie. It's the next day now. I might kill Justin. Another surprise of his is that he brought my aunt. I'm only other living family member. Of course him and Johnson then schemed up a plan once Justin got into town. Because now I'm told we have to go to the gangs house for breakfast.

And now Mackenzie is going to find out that I lied to her. Justins not my only family left. She should have known, I know that. I mean I married her you would think she knew everything already. That's one of my bad traits. I keep things to myself even when I swore to share my life with her.