Chapter 45 - A Week?

[Correlates with Chapter 13-15 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

**Flashback**

"Just don't say a word." Johnson mumbled to seventeen year old me. I didn't say a word as I stared back at him. "Do you hear me?" He asked raising his voice a little.

"Yeah." I mumbled back. I followed him into this room of gang members. They were playing cards. I know they want to look at me and laugh for being so young and with Johnson. For some reason, I don't care. I really don't give a fuck what any of these people think about me.

They all greeted Johnson as he greeted them back. I knew they knew me because most of them looked at me like they felt sorry for me. I've lost most of my family and everyone knows it. Expect this one guy who just smirked at me. I kept my straight face.

"Why don't you get us some drinks?" He seemed like he just wanted to piss me off and push me around. I stayed silent as I rolled my eyes. Fucking prick. "Do you fucking speak?" He raised his voice at me.

"Yeah. I fucking do." I said back.

"Jason." Johnson mumbled next to me for me to stop. The guy laughed humorlessly. He stood up from the card table and everyone's eyes were on him as he walked around the table and ended up in front of me.

"So you don't have fucking ears?" He questioned me. "I'll repeated my self. Get us some damn drinks." The guy said in my voice.

"No." I said back confidently.

"Why not?" He questioned quickly like he knew I would say no.

"I'm not your bitch." I said loudly to him. I heard mumbles from the other guys. "I'm not the broken fragile orphan boy that you think I am." I told him. He began to smirked then he laughed.

"I knew I might actually like you."

**End Of FlashBack**

I felt my body shake a little as if someone was shaking me. I jumped a little and opened my eyes to see Mackenzie hovering over me. I looked at her confused. I fell asleep on the couch last night.

"Come on, go sleep upstairs" She quietly told me. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up. I don't know why I had a dream of a real memory of mine.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"9am" She answered. I nodded and stood up. She stood up too.

"Come with me?" I asked and she nodded. We both walked up stairs in silence. We got into our bedroom and went right for the bed. "I'm sorry about last night" I told her as I got into the bed. I heard her take a deep breath.

"I know. It's alright" She said as she got into bed and laid next to me. "I would have been the same way. I forgive you. You didn't have to sleep on the couch" She said and I shrugged.

"I didn't want to bother you" I told her. She leaned in and kissed me.

"You wouldn't have bothered me" She back and I smirked a little. I'm glad we are good now.

"Let's just go back to sleep for a little" I said getting more comfortable. She nodded agreeing. I wrapped my arms around her. "Also last night the gang got a bunch of sea food so if you want we can go over and eat there today" I told her.