Chapter 8 - This Shocks Even Me

[Correlates with Chapter 18-19 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

I feel like over the last few weeks I've had a different mindset. I feel less angry with the world. I mean I'm a fun guy I would like to think. I always go out and have fun and enjoy myself. I enjoy doing my job. I enjoy making people suffer who don't give me my money. I'm not an angry person unless you are on my bad side or if you piss me off.

But, I don't know, I feel a little different. In a good way though. I think I have Mackenzie to thank for that. The time I've been spending with her has been great.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard the back door open. I'm in my backyard smoking a cigarette. I looked back and smirked to see Mackenzie.

"Those are bad for you" She said as she sat across from me. I laughed. Of course she would say that.

"Do you think I care?" I asked her. She just looked away and looked around the backyard then back at me. When she saw me staring she was trying to hide a smile. Fucking adorable. "What's up?" I asked her. I didn't even know she was coming over here.

"Not much. I'm going to some club with my friends tonight so I thought I'd stop by before I go home and get ready" She told me. That's crazy so am I.

"Really? What club?" I decided to ask before telling her I am going out too.

"46" She said and I chuckled. "What?" She asked me.

"The gang owns the vip area on the second floor of that place and we are all going tonight" I told her and her eyes widened.

"Really? That's so cool" She said back. I nodded.

"I guess I may see you tonight then" I said to her.

"Maybe" She said shrugging.

"Well you're not gonna be with any other guy right?" I had to ask.

"No just my friends" She told me. I slowly nodded then looked away. "Why?" She asked me. I looked back over to see a smirk on her face. I shrugged. I know what game she's playing.

"Why else?" I asked. Does she even have to ask why?

"What if a guy asks me to dance or what's to buy me a drink?" She said back clearly testing me. I let out a laugh.

"That won't happen babe" I said back because I'll be there. She looked offended.

"Excuse me?" She snapped. Oh shit. I know how it sounded.

"Fuck I didn't mean it like that Angel. You know what I meant" I told her. "You're mine. No one else's"

"I'm yours?" She asked and I rolled my eyes. She's feeling ballsy today I see.

"Shut up" I said back and she laughed. I just shook my head and tried not to smile at her.

"Well you know I'm not your girlfriend so I don't know how I could possibly be yours" She said jokingly. I took a long drag from the cigarette then laughed after. I guess Jason McCann might a girlfriend soon. This shocks even me.

"Really? Never thought of that" I joked back. "Not the way I want to ask you" I added and she smiled just a little more.

"You have a special way to ask me? Jason McCann you might be a true romantic" She joked again and I really laughed this time.