Chapter 3 - Its Not Like Me

[Correlates with Chapter 7-9 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

I don't know how, but I found myself at Mackenzies door step. I'm kind of just assuming that she went home after I saw her leave school earlier this morning.

I have my hands in my pocket of my sweatshirt, hood up, and my sunglasses on. I'm staring at the ground trying to think if I should walk away. I said I was going to leave her alone, but I'm kind of intrigued by her.

The door opened and I quickly looked up to see her.

"Jason what are you doing here?" She asked me without even saying hi.

"Are you gonna let me in?" I asked ignoring her question. She moved aside so I took that chance to walk in. I looked around taking in everything. "Nice place" I said as I faced her. She stayed quiet and walked towards the couches so I did the same. She sat on one couch so I sat on the other.

"How'd you know I left school?" She asked me. I took off my sunglasses and looked her in the eyes.

"I saw you leave" I told her honestly then placed my sunglasses on the coffee table in front of me. Then I stared back at her.

"Why are you here Jason?" She asked with a sigh. Damn.

"I don't know" I said with a shrug. "Why were you fighting with the guy this morning?" I asked her.

"He called me a slut and said I was the one to cheat on my ex. When that never happened. So I called out his girlfriend" she told me and I laughed. She rolled her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes" I said and she kept her eyes on the coffee table. "Look at me" I said and she looked over at me. I don't even know what I was going to say. I don't think she wants to be bothered by me. I can take this as a challenge, it would be easy because who can resist me, or I can actually leave her alone.

The front door opened and even she looked confused. Then incomes this guy. Who the hell? He definitely isn't old enough to be her dad. He kind of looks my age maybe.

"Dylan?!" She yelled excitedly. She got up and ran to him, giving him a hug. Why did I slightly feel almost jealous? Why do I even care? I need to leave. "Why are you home so early?" She asked him as she let go of him.

"Spring break!" He said then looked over at me so Mackenzie looked at me too.

"Jason, this is my brother Dylan. Dylan, this is my friend Jason" Oh, it's her brother. That makes sense.

"Hey man" I said stepping closer and shaking his hand.

"Why aren't you guys in school?" He asked us. Well buddy I'm 21. But I'll keep my mouth shut. Mackenzie sighed and looked at me as I stared at her for her to answer.

"I got into a fight this morning" She said quietly. "Not a fist fight though" His eyes widened.

"A fight? With who?" He asked her confused.

"Brad again" She answered him. He rolled his eyes. Again? That kid has done this to her before?

"I'm going to hurt that kid one day" Dylan warned.

"So anyway, how long is your spring break?" She asked him.

"2 weeks" he told us. She smiled.

"Maybe I should go. I have to meet up with some friends anyway" I said getting her attention. She nodded. I feel weird being here right now.

"Nice to meet you" Her brother said to me.

"You too" I said back and Mackenzie walked me to the front door and her brother walked out of the room.