Chapter 16 - I Told Her I Love Her

[Correlates with Chapter 39-40 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

I'm stressed out. I can't remember anything from last night. I don't know how I drove back to the house safely or why I let Mackenzie stay there with out me. I don't know if we got into a fight and I left. I asked Hunter and he said we didn't. I'm on the phone with Ronnie right now. He said he would drive her here, but I would feel safer if I picked her up.

"No Ronnie. I'm going to pick her up. Don't you dare put her in a car with anyone else but me" I said to him.

"Bro, relax. I'm a good driver." Ronnie said back and I groaned.

"Fine. But I swear to god if anything happens to her I will beat you to your death" I told him then hung up on him.

"What's going on?" I heard Gigi ask me. Hunter flew Gigi in over night because he thinks it would be good for Mackenzie. I think he just wanted an excuse to be with Gigi.

"Ronnie is driving Mac back here right now" I told her and she nodded.

"I'm sure she's fine-" I cut her off.

"Do you think she's pissed at me?" I asked as I stopped walking back and fourth. I already fucked up enough in one week.

"Well did you do anything wrong last night besides getting high and leaving?" She asked me. I looked over at Hunter and he shook his head. So I looked back at Gigi. She knows Mackenzie the best. "Then she won't be mad" She told me. I nodded then I walked out and went over to the back door. I stood staring at the lake. I thought about how I stood out there yesterday and told Mackenzie I love her. It felt easy to say to her.

"Wanna go outside and talk?" Gigi asked as she stood next to me. I opened the door and walked out without saying anything, but she knew that was a yes. We both walked down the stairs and to the Alex. "At first, I didn't want her anywhere near you. I told her to stay away and to act like she hated you so that you would back off. But I was just scared for her. I didn't want her involved in the gang like how I almost was" She said and sighed. Damn... I can't even blame her. I'm no good. "But now, I see how much you care for her and from what I know about you, your heartless" She said and I let out a small laugh. "I support you guys now. Just keep her safe. You make her happy and a lot has happened to her in her life and I'm glad you can make her happy"

"Thank you" I said back with a nod. "I don't want him to get her. She's all that makes me happy besides killing and money" I said and I looked at Gigi as she laughed and shook her head. "Please don't try to take her away from me again" I said and she nodded. "I-I uh" At first I hesitated, but then remember that Mackenzie is going to tell her. "I told her I love her yesterday" I said and her eyes widened. I stared back at the lake again.

"Wow" I heard her say. I heard the back door slide open so I looked back to see Mackenzie. I felt relieved she was in my presence again safely. She smiled widely at Gigi. It made me feel happy to see that smile. She ran and hugged Gigi.

"Oh my god Gigi! When did you get here?" She asked as she pulled away from the hug.

"This morning" Gigi answered. They hugged again then Mackenzie smiled over at me. I held my arms out hoping she'll run to me. And she did, she hugged me so tightly.

"I hope you aren't mad at me Angel" I said as she pulled away. She smiled up at me and shook her head. I smiled genuinely and kissed her head. "Go catch up with Gigi. I'll be inside. Don't go anywhere else. Just stay out here okay?" I said and she nodded. I kissed her quickly then headed inside.

***

It's been a while that the girls have been in the lake so Hunter and I decided to go outside and check on them. Once we walked out, the girls looked at us. I wonder what they are talking about.