Chapter 12 - Good At Lying

[Correlates with Chapter 27-29 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

"I don't like to talk about my life" I told Mackenzie honestly. We are in her back yard laying on her hammock together. Her parents are making dinner so we are just hanging out outside. Mackenzies nervous, I can tell.

"I'm sorry. I know they are going to ask about it." She said back to me.

"We can make stuff up" I said knowing I'm already going to make stuff up.

"What about your last name?" She asked me.

"Easy. Bieber. Usual my hidden name is Justin Bieber but you already told your parents my name so just for this my name will be Jason Bieber" I told her. Jason Bieber is sounds dumb and it's a name that doesn't exist, but it's okay. I'm not going to tell where the name Justin Bieber comes from. I'm going to keep that secret for as long as I can.

"What about parents? They might ask if you guys grew up around here or something" She asked and I sighed. Another thing I don't want to talk about.

"We say Foster home and now I live with my uncle" I told her. She looked surprised.

"How do you know what to say so easily?" She asked me.

"Me and the guys always have story's made up just in case. Like for school that's what I said. So I just use it for everything" I answered. "And I don't go to college so I don't really care about that"

"Wait you don't? You mean you aren't going?" She said in a confused tone and I laughed. Now here comes the part where she gets to know me more.

"Babe what are you talking about? I finished school" I said back which I knew it would confuse her. I didn't even finish school. She has to know how old I am. Someone had to have told her. I think.. I sure as hell didn't. "I'm 21. I don't need to go to school" I added and she nodded slowly. "You didn't know I was 21?" I asked and she shook her head. I laughed at her.

"Did you know how old I was before?" She asked. Her confused face is cute.

"Duh" I said back and she laughed now. "I know everything Angel" I told her and she playfully rolled her eyes.

"I thought you were like 19 and dropped out of your senior year" She told me and I started to laugh hard at her. She pouted and slapped my arm.

"Hey!" I said back laughing still. "Yup I'm 19" I said sarcastically.

"So you're four years older than me?" She asked.

"Yeah" I answered. "Is that a problem?"

"Nooo babe it's not" She said and I nodded. "I was just kind of shocked. I don't know"

"You aren't going to break up with me now right Angel?" I asked as I moved my face closer to hers so my lips were hovering hers.

"Of course not" She answered me. So I placed my lips on her. She slowly pulled away and looked at me. "But it's okay because I turn 18 in two weeks" She told me and her tone made me laugh. She's so fucking innocence, but I love it. "Isn't it illegal to be over 18 and date someone that is younger than 18?" She asked and again I couldn't help myself and laughed.