Chapter 46 - A Week Away

[Correlates with Chapter 16-18 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

Today is the day Mackenzie leaves for her week long trip. She's so happy and I'm trying my hardest to match that energy, but it sucks I won't be able to see her for a whole week. I don't want to be upset and be selfish.

She deserves this. Johnson keeps reminding me, she sacrificed everything for me. So she should get to do whatever the hell she wants. I'm not holding her back.

I saw the van pull up in front of the house so I went to the stairs and yelled up to Mackenzie saying, "Babe you ready? The guys are here!"

"Yup!" I heard her yell back. I didn't say anything as I walked over to the front door and opened it so the guys know we are coming. I heard her coming down the stairs so I looked over there and waited. She came down with her stuff and the biggest smile on her face. It made me smile honestly. I grabbed her suitcase for her and we both walked out of the house. We both got into the van and greeted the guys. Johnson's driving and I'm going along for the ride for more time with her.

"You seem excited" Johnson said to her with a chuckle.

"You don't even know it." She said with a giggle. I grabbed onto her hand and looked out the window as we drove. I felt her soft lips on my cheek then she laid her head on my shoulder. So I kissed her head before looking back out the window. Let's hope she doesn't meet a better guy out there. Who am I kidding, I know she's not leaving me.

Within the next 15 minutes, we reached the airport. Fuck. We all got out and the guys started to say bye to Johnson and I. Mackenzie was standing there looking around. Hunter grabbed her suitcase for her. I quickly turned her around and held her to me.

"Please be careful" I quietly told her. She looked up at me now.

"Please don't worry. I'll be fine. You know I will" She reassured me.

"I know I know" I said with a nod. "I love you okay?"

"I love you too" She said then leaned up and kissed me passionately. "I'll call you where ever I get signal" She told me. I nodded and forced a smile.

"Have fun" I asked as I pulled away from her. I don't want her to go. Damn. I need to lighten my mood. "Don't forget about your sexy husband in Canada" I joked and she laughed.

"Never babe" She said back and I chuckled.

"Come on Mack!" Hunter called for her. She looked back to see the guys going onto the plane. She quickly faced me with a smile.

"Bye Jase" She said then kissed me one more time.

"Bye Angel" I said back. She took a few steps back and blew me a kiss. I smiled for real this time. I smirked and winked at her. She turned around and walked towards the plane now. I leaned against the van. I watched as she climbed the stairs then stopped and looked back at me. I blew her kiss just like she did to me. She smiled and did it again then walked onto the plane.

"What the fuck am I going to do without her?" I mumbled to myself as I shook my head. I watched them close the door now.

"The next few days will be busy for us. You'll be fine." I heard Johnson say. I didn't say anything as I just got back into the van. He got in too and started to drive again. "You could have gone with them you know." He told me. "You love the Bahamas."

"I know man." I said back then took a deep breath.

"You scared to get caught?" He asked me.

"I'm not scared." I quickly said back. I heard him chuckle. "They aren't flying into a private airport like here. Anything could happened." I told him.