Chapter 56 - 21st Birthday

[Correlates with Chapter 39 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

"Yo" I heard Hunters voice as I was already walking to the front door to open it for him.

"Hey." I said back and he walked in with Mackenzies bestfriends behind him. "Hey guys." I said to them with a small smile. Remember when they hated me. Ha.

"Hey!" Gigi said excitedly, but quietly. They all came in and said hello to me.

"Is she upstairs?" Becca asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah." I answered.

"She doesn't know about the party right?" Alissa asked me.

"No. I figured I would tell her with you guys." I told him.

"That's sweet." Becca said with a smile.

"I have to go so I could pick up the car and bring it over there." Hunter told me. I nodded.

"Thanks, man." I said back. I dabbed him up then he walked out the front door. I looked at the girls now. This is lowkey weird, but I'm going to act like it's not.

"So what's the plan?" Gigi asked me.

"I figured I would go get her tell her to come down here then you guys could be in the backyard with these balloons I got. They are these stupid big number balloons, but I thought she would like them. Especially to take pictures or whatever." I explained to them.

"She'll like them." Gigi said with a small laugh. "Did you get that dress I sent you?" She asked me.

"Yup" I said with a nod then pointed at the big box on the couch. Gigis a good friend to her for helping me and picking out a dress for her so she's ready for tonight. "I'm going to go get her. The balloons are in the kitchen." I told them and I walked up a few of the stairs before calling out to Mackenzie saying, "Angel can you come down stairs real quick?!" I heard her say yes so I walked back down the stairs and saw her friends outside now. I stood by the couch as I waited.

I'm not nervous. I know everything is going to go great. She's going to be so happy. Which is what she deserves. I think I've put her through enough. She deserves the world.

She walked down the stairs with a smile immediately. Which made me smile. She looked confused once she saw the box on the couch.

"So Angel" I said as I grabbed her hands. The box is for after she sees her friends and knows about her party. Her dress is in there. "It's your birthday" I started off.

"It is" She said with a giggle.

"And we have a few surprises for you" I told her.

"Who's we?" She asked me. I let go of her hands now.

"Follow me" I said as I heard for the back door. Wait she might see too soon before she steps out there. I faced her quickly. "Shut your eyes." She did with questioning so I grabbed her hand and walked her outside. "Okay open." I quietly said. And as she did, she gasped. I know she didn't expect this.

"Happy birthday!" They all yelled to her. I looked over at her and watched her have the biggest smile on her face. She's so happy.

"I can't believe you guys are here!" She said then ran and hugged them all. I should bring the box out here because knowing them, they might talk a lot and we know I don't exactly have a lot of patience. I walked inside and went right to the box, grabbing it and walking back outside. Gigi noticed first because she pointed at me.