Chapter 6 - Angel

[Correlates with Chapter 15-16 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

When I got to my house, there were guys from another gang over the house. Surprisingly, we aren't enemies. One of them I really can not stand though. The reason we are civil with them is because they are as dangerous as we are. I felt like it was fitting for the two most dangerous gangs around to be allies. Everyone is kind of drunk there and it's an annoying kind of drunk tonight so thank god I left.

I'm finally driving down Mackenzie's street only to see her parents pull back into the driveway. My timing is crazy tonight. I parked two houses down and grabbed my phone so I can call Mackenzie. I pressed on her contact and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I heard her voice.

"I pulled up near your house and saw your family get home. Do you want me in still?" I asked her.

"Yeah, but this might be risky" She told me. I should bring her to my place. I can sneak her in maybe. Hopefully, the guys will be gone, but just in case they are there, I should warn her.

"I have an idea" I said. "Sleep at my crib. Just tell your parents you're sleeping at your friends" I said to her. I was just going to say she can come over, but sleep over just kind of slipped out.

"Are you sure?" She asked and I laugh.

"What ever you want, Angel" I said back. I called her Angel because she looks and sounds like one. God damn, why am I acting like this? I didn't like it at first, but for some reason I think I'm giving in.

"Where would I be sleeping?" She asked me. I let out a laugh.

"Where else?" I asked in a sarcastic tone. She stayed quiet. "Just get out here." I said with a chuckle.

"Give me ten minutes" She said then hung up on me. I smirked to myself. I went into my text messages and texted Johnson asking, 'are they still there' and he responded quickly with a 'yup'. I sighed as I placed my phone down. I'll just hope that they are in the kitchen or basement or even gone when we get there. The issue isn't that I'll have a girl with me, the issue is that they flirt with girls I've hooked up with literally the night of and I don't want them flirting with her.

I saw her walk to the end of her drive so I drove over there from where I was parked a few houses down. She got it and already asked me, "What's wrong?" I guess it's obvious. I started to drive away before answering.

"You know how I just had a meeting? Well there's people at my house still and I don't want them to see you." I told her.

"Should I be offended?" I heard her ask with a little laugh.

"No. You should be glad I'm hiding you from them. They are dangerous" I said back.

"Like you?" She asked me. I rolled my eyes and felt her looking at me.

"They're very dangerous, but no one is worse than me. Don't mess with me. Or them really. If they want something they won't stop till they get it. And if they want you, then they'll have you and there is no way I'm letting that happen" I honestly told her. She was quiet for a few seconds.

"I don't want them to want me. You know unless they are hot" She made a joke that I didn't find funny. It actually made me really mad. Why the fuck would she say that? To make me mad? "It was a joke" She added, but I stayed quiet. I heard her sigh.

"They are insane. Do not say a word to anyone. Don't talk till we get upstairs to my room" I told her. I looked over for a few seconds and she nodded.