Chapter 49 - Sorrys and Birthdays

[Correlates with Chapter 24-25 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

I have been in the club for about an hour and a half. I don't even know why I'm here. I've just been sitting here watching everyone else have a good time. I'm not drunk, but I'm not sober. I think I might just want to go home. Expect it's hard going home to an empty house.

"Oh! Look who it is!" I heard one of the guys say. I kept my eyes on my drink then took a sip.

"She look mad McCann you better be careful!" Another one of the guys said. I looked up to see Mackenzie here. What? Why is she here? I didn't even know she was coming home. After giving the guys a smile, she looked at me with a straight face. She walked closer to me now.

"Get up" She demanded. I like the feisty side. Although she is still mad at me.

"Ohhh! You a dead man McCann!" I glared over at the guys as I stood up. They better shut up. Mackenzie turned around and headed for the exit. I didn't say anything to the guys as I followed her. We got outside and I watched her grab her car keys from her pocket.

"When did you get home?" I asked her as we walked to her car.

"Half hour ago" She answered.

"What about my car?" I asked her once we reached her car. I know I could drive, but she's not going to let me.

"I got that covered. Where are your keys?" She asked me. I hesitated for a second, but handed her my keys.

"I'm fine to drive" I told her. She ignored me and walked away. Huh? I looked over to see Travis leaning against my car. She walked over there. She better not give him my keys. I leaned against her car and shut my eyes. My head hurts. It sounded like she was coming back so I opened my eyes and saw her get into her car and I didn't see Travis anymore. I got into her car so we could talk. "Where are my keys?" I asked her.

"Travis has them" She mumbled.

"Travis? Wait why can't I drive?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

"Jason just relax okay" She said and started to drive away from the club. Whatever. I know Travis won't crash my car. I leaned my head back and shut my eyes. I don't even know what to say to her. I know I fucked up. But she is here. Clearly she wanted me home since she got me from the club.

I looked over at her and watched her drive for about a minute before I looked away again. She still looks mad. I really missed her though. I'm really glad she's home.

After some silence, we got home. Finally. The second she turned the car off, she jumped out of the car without saying a word to me. I sighed and got out too. I followed her into the house.

It's time we talk. I have to fix this.

"Can we talk now?" I asked as I watched her take her jacket off. She sighed before facing me.

"I just got you from a club and you've been drinking. We can talk tomorrow" She said back. She can't be serious.

"I only had a few drinks babe" I said and she crossed her arms. "You can tell I'm fine so obviously that's not the reason you don't want to talk" I said as I stepped closer to her. She looked down, took a deep breath then looked up at me again. It was almost like she was waiting for something.

"I just don't want to deal with it right now" She said. She's lying. Why is she saying she doesn't want to talk about it? I held back a smirk knowing she just wanted me to beg to talk. She wants me to beg for forgiveness. I did before, before I took my meds. I don't want to beg. But she wants me to.