Chapter 87 - I Just Want To Go Home

[Correlates with Chapter 51-56 After The Runaway. Book 3]

One week is how long I've been gone. I feel like I could go crazy. I miss my family. I miss my home.

Right now, I'm sitting in the gym of the hotel. I just finished my work out and it's about the time where I usually FaceTime Drew and Mackenzie.

"Hi daddy!" Drew answered the call with so much excitement in his voice. A smile formed on my face immediately.

"Hey Buddy. Did you finish your homework yet?" I asked and I heard Mackenzie laugh.

"Yes" Drew said nodding.

"Hi" Mackenzie came into view with a smile on her face.

"Hi my love" I said to her. She always loves when I call her that.

"What are you doing?" Drew asked me.

"I'm actually working out" I said then showed them the room.

"You already have big muscles" Drew said with a giggle. Mackenzie and I both laughed.

"I can get stronger. Look at this" I said jokingly then flexed.

"Woah!" Drew said and I laughed again. "When are you coming home?" He asked me. I wanted to frown, but I didn't want to know that it made me upset. I wish I could go home now.

"One more week, bud. Hopefully sooner" I answered him.

"Okay good" He said back with a smile.

"You know, Drew was about to clean his toys that are all over the living room and then we are going to get ready for bed" Mackenzie said to me.

"It's eight-thirty over there already?" I asked in shock.

"Yup" Drew answered me nodding.

"What time is it over there?" Mackenzie asked.

"Two thirty in the morning" I answered and her eyes widened.

"Babe, you should get some sleep" She said back.

"Goodnight Daddy we are all going to get some sleep. I'm going to clean now. I love you" Drew said as he got out of his chair. I smiled again.

"Okay bud. I love you too. Goodnight" I said then he ran out of the room. Mackenzie grabbed the phone and faced it to her.

"You can't sleep tonight?" She asked me. I shook my head and sighed. "What's wrong?"

"I just miss you guys so much" I told her honestly.

"I know, Jase. We miss you too"

"I'm going to head up to my room now and try to sleep. We have a long day tomorrow" I told her and she nodded.

"Definitely get sleep" She said back and I nodded now.

"Goodnight Angel. I love you." I said and blew her a kiss. She smiled now.

"Goodnight, I love you too" She said back and then I hung up. I sighed now.

I leaned my head against the wall and shut my eyes. I wish I was home. I'm homesick. I've never felt this way before. I've never been away from Drew for this long.

"You need sleep, McCann." I heard Sams voice. I opened my eyes and looked over to my left to see him in the door way.

"Yeah, I was just about to head up." I said as I stood up now. "Why are you up? And how'd you know I was down here?" I asked him.