Chapter 42 - Ardren

[Correlates with Chapter 5-6 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

"I've had such a stressful day!" I heard from downstairs after I heard the front door close.

"Hey Angel!" I called out to her as I started to walk down the stairs. She looked at me confused.

"Where are you going?" She asked me.

"I have to go to the office for a little bit" I told her. I say the office, but it's really not an office. The gang and I rent out a floor in this office building not far from us. Because we need a place for meetings and that we could go to for anything. Keep anything there and no one will know.

"Oh okay I was gonna make you dinner" She said with a little sad face. I felt bad.

"I won't be long sweetheart make it" I told her then kissed her forehead. She nodded and went to walk away, but I grabbed her waist. "I'll be back." I said to her then kissed her neck and let go of her. "Bye Angel." I said then walked out the door. My phone started to ring so I looked down to see it's Johnson. I declined it and put my phone into my pocket. He's trying to stop me, but I don't care what he says. I have planning to do.

Someone's out to get me now. But we have a lot of information on him. We know what his intentions are. Kade and Cameron are at the office now finding out more shit through the computers they are hacking.

And I'm not telling Mackenzie. She doesn't need to worry.

***

I'm finally home and I'm so pissed off so I hope Mackenzie isn't mad at me for coming home a little later than I thought. I slammed the door shut and went right to the kitchen. I walked in and saw Mackenzie look over at me.

"Hey." She said to me.

"Hi babe" I said with a deep breath. "What did you make?" I asked and walked over to her.

"Spaghetti" She answered as she pushed a plate of food to me. She's been strange.

"Thanks baby" I said then kissed her cheek. I grabbed the plate as I leaned against the counter and started to eat.

"So how was the office?" She asked me. "You seem pissed" She said before I could answer. I sighed.

"I am. Kade and Cameron had the fucking balls to tell me to get out of my own office. They think they can tell me what to do?" I let out a fake laugh. "Yeah fucking right. I do what I want and what I say" I said as I ate. I groaned thinking about how annoying the guys were being. They told me to stay out of it and that they could take care of it. Bull. Shit.

"They told you to leave?" She questioned. I nodded as I ate. I'm so hungry. "Is this about Ardren?" My heart dropped. I looked up at her quickly. She stared at me with a blank face. I'm nervous to hear how she knows. Why does she know? I felt my blood boil.

"What did you just say?" I asked as I put my plate down and stood up straight. "Did you just say Ardren? How the hell do you know about that?" I asked her and she sighed.

"Johnson called looking for you and it slipped out so I asked him about it" She told me. Oh my fuck.

"You shouldn't have to know about this, Mackenzie" I said as I got more angry. I'm trying not to be mad at her. I'm just so mad that she knows. "Why did he tell you?" I asked.

"He figured I would already know. He thought you had already told me and I thought the same thing" She said in an annoyed tone. I rolled my eyes.

"Like I said, you shouldn't have to know about this" I told her.