Chapter 25 - The Meeting

[Correlates with Chapter 59-60 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

"We have to start leaving." Kade said to me as I walked down the stairs.

"I know. I'm ready." I told him with a chuckle. "I also don't care if we are late." I said with a shrug.

"I thought you were bringing Mackenzie?" He asked me.

"She should be here." I said back. "Let's just got outside." I said then opened the front door. We both walked out and I saw all the guys outside and Mackenzie. She looked over at me and I smirked at her. She looks beautiful. As always.

"Hey babe" I said as I got to her. I kissed her quickly and hugged her. "We're taking my car" I told her and she nodded. I looked over at Johnson.

"Alright we're gonna start going" He said then him, Kade and Hunter got into the van. Travis and Cameron headed towards Travis' car.

"Come on" I said to Mackenzie. She's silent. She must be nervous. We both got into my car and was hit by the smell of weed. I forgot I smoked in here earlier. "Fuck" I mumbled as I started the car.

"Is that weed?" I heard her ask me.

"I'm sorry I-" I stopped talking and shook my head then started to drive. I don't even have to apologize. It's weed.

"No it's fine. I just don't want to sit in the smell" She said then I looked over to see her holding perfume. Oh hell no. She started to spray it.

"No! Now my car is gonna smell like girl!" I complained and she laughed then put away the perfume. She kept laughing at me.

"Sorry baby" She said after laughing then put her hand on my thigh which I wasn't expecting.

"I'm driving" I said to her. She slowly moved her hand up my thigh. She's playing games.

"Whoops" She said after she moved her hand off of me. I stopped at the red light then looked over at her. I put my hand on her thigh now and slowly moved my hand up until I couldn't anymore. I can play games too.

"Whoops" I mocked her then moved my hand and started to drive after with the light turning green at the best time. We both let out a laugh.

"Asshole" She joked, but before one of us could talk, her phone started to ring. "That's weird. My little cousin is face timing me" She said. I wonder why that's weird. Maybe they don't talk much. "Hey Larissa!" She answered.

"Hey Mack" I heard a young sounding voice through the phone.

"What's wrong? You look sad" Mack asked her.

"I like this boy-"

"Awe! That's so cute! Who? Do I know him?-" I smiled to myself because of how Mackenzie got so excited.

"Mackenzie!" Her cousin was laughing. "Who are you with so I don't embarrass my self?" She asked.

"I'm with my boyfriend" Mackenzie told her. I love hearing that.

"One from Instagram right?" She asked and I was confused at first until I remember I posted us on her Instagram account. "Okay I can't tell you right now" I wonder why. Mack sighed.

"Your dad told me"

"I know it's wrong and stupid" Now I want to know.

"Who does she like?" I asked as I looked over at Mackenzie who glared at me.

"No one" She answered me and I laughed. I'll get it out of her when she hangs up. "Have you ever met him?"

"No. I've seen him in school. But he doesn't know I exist" Her cousin said.