Chapter 47 - New Expriences

[Correlates with Chapter 19-20 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

"No I don't want to drive!" Alissa complained.

"Alissa I'm driving" Hunter told her. I watched as Mackenzie groaned and leaned her head on Gigis shoulder. We rented out these two jeeps so we are just trying to figure out who is driving them. It's actually harder for them then you would think. I didn't want to drive, but fuck it. I grabbed the keys from Alissa and handed one to Hunter.

"Alissa and Becca you're going with Hunter and Travis. You two are with me. Okay guys?" I said to everyone. We all piled into the jeeps now.

"Why did Jason make that look much easier than it was?" Gigi joked and I actually chuckled. I started to drive behind Hunter.

"I can't wait to get there!" Mackenzie said loudly. She's so excited. The girls cheered and I laughed and shook my head. "It's not that far right?" She asked Gigi as she turned her body to look at her.

"No it's pretty close" She answered. For a few minutes we sat in silence and took in the view as we drove. It's so beautiful here. I would live here. Not by the resorts, of course. I reached over and grabbed Mackenzies hand. "Have you been to this island before, Jason?" Gigi asked me.

"Yeah." I said nodding. "It's great here." I added. Mackenzie and Gigi started to talk about the trees and plants here and I just listened as we drove. After a few more minutes, we made it. I parked next to everyone else and we all got out pretty quickly.

We are going on this hike and I guess going to this water spot. I'm not too sure. I looked around at the view. Everything's so different than back home. I fucking love it here. My eyes landed on Mackenzie who's staring at me with a little smile. I smiled back. Then we started to walk with everyone else.

***

You wouldn't think I like hiking, but I'm actually enjoying this. Honestly, it's been fun with everyone. Her friends are actually funny.

"Wait who has the speaker?" Becca asked everyone.

"I do" I heard Alissa answer her.

"If we are going the wrong way, I swear Gigi" Hunter complained.

"Why are you just saying my name?" She said back to him. I chuckled to myself. I know why.

"Because you planned this thing" He quickly said. Good save. I chuckled again because I feel like it's so obvious he still likes her.

"They're cute" I heard Mackenzie said to me.

"Not like us" I joked making her smile, but playfully roll her eyes. "It's nice out here" I said changing the subject.

"Yeah it is" She agreed. "I'm glad you decided to come" She told me. I looked over at her and nodded. I'm glad I came too.

"Oh there it is!" I heard Alissa's voice. We both looked ahead and I saw a waterfall not far from us.

"Wow" I heard Mackenzie quietly say. We all got closer and everyone put down stuff they were holding.

"Come on let's go up there and jump into the water" Travis said and quickly headed up the rocks. Oh shit. This is going to be fun as hell. I started to follow him. But I looked back to see Mackenzie was just standing there looking at the water and not following everyone.

"Angel" I said to get her attention. She quickly looked at me. "Come on" I said and nodded this way. She bit her lip and looked at where everyone was now then back at the water. It didn't come to my mind that she would be scared. She looked back at me as I started to walk to her again. "You're scared." I pointed out.