Chapter 61 - This Can't Be Real

[Correlates with Chapter 53-54 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

"You guys know what to do." I said to the guys. We are on this crazy mission. Probably the craziest shit we have seen in the longest time. The last time I saw shit this crazy was the year I joined the gang and I wasn't apart of that mission because Alex and Johnson wouldn't let me.

"Kade, Cameron you guys go towards the door first and hid behind that car closest to the door." Johnson told them.

"Okay let's go." I said hoping out of the van. I'm staying so calm. Even though I know how hard this might be. Hopefully these idiots don't expect us. I just want to get this over with.

We watched as the guys sneak closer behind the cars closer to the building. Johnson and I will be taking out any guys coming in and out of the door before we could get in there. Hunter and Travis went around the back to watch the back door and take anyone out.

Johnson and I hid behind one of the cars a little bit more further from the door so we had a better view. We looked at each other and we both went to talk until there were gunshots. It's too soon for that.

"What the hell?" Johnson said as we started to look already. My heart dropped as I watched Kades body hit the ground.

"No" I said shaking my head. I looked right at the guy by the door with the gun and shot many rounds into him, killing him. Johnson was already running to Kade so I was right behind him.

"We have to go." Johnson said as we got to Kade and Cameron behind the car. Kade was on the ground with blood quickly leaving his chest.

"No no. Kade you're okay" Cameron said getting onto the ground. Kades eyes were shut. It didn't look like he was breathing. I quickly shoved my gun away and kneeled on the ground.

"Kade come on man." I mumbled and I held my fingers to his pulse. "No." I shook my head again. "No!" There was no pulse. He's dead.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." Cameron started to ramble.

"Oh my god." Johnson said in shock. I heard foot steps so I stood up and saw a guy behind us. Without saying anything, I shot him multiple times before he could shoot me. I looked back to see Johnson and Cameron picking Kades body up.

"What do we do?" I asked Johnson. We've always had a plan in case something like this happened. I should know what to do. But my mind is blank. I feel like I'm dreaming.

"Let's just get him to the van and get out of here. Call the guys. Quickly. We have to go now" Johnson told me. As I followed them quickly to the van, my shaky hands pulled out my phone to call Travis.

"Yo what's going on? You guys haven't signaled us and we heard you guys start shooting-" I cut him off.

"Get back to the van now. It's bad. Just hurry. We have to leave." I told him then hung up. We got to the van and placed Kade in the back. "I didn't feel a pulse." Johnson looked over at me with sad eyes then shook his head.

"He's dead." He quietly told us. Cameron was sitting next to Kade as he started to cry. Fuck this. Why fucking Kade? This can't be real. This has to be a god damn dream.

***

The whole car ride home was a fucking mess. Once we got to the house, I went straight to the back yard. I need to be alone. I'm not crying in front of them. I can't remember the last time I cried.