Chapter 21 - We're Done

[Correlates with Chapter 50-51 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

It's been a long six days. I haven't been sleeping as good. Especially last night because I am going to New York today to meet with my Aunt at the lake house. Justin will be there too. I haven't seen him in a year so it's been a while.

It's eight in the morning now and I have to leave the house soon for my flight. Kade offered to come with me so I figured why not. He probably wants to get out of the school anyway. I made him swear not to tell Mackenzie. Currently, I'm down stairs standing in the kitchen. My bag is by the front door and Kade is somewhere. I don't know. I pulled my phone from my pocket and started to call Mackenzie. I really hope she answered. We didn't get to talk the last two days because of the funeral and wake and all that.

"Hey Jase" She answered. I'm so happy to hear her voice.

"Hey babe" I greeted her.

"Did you just wake up?" She asked me.

"Yeah. It's 8am here" I told her.

"You got up early?" She asked and I chuckled. "That's a first" She joked.

"Shut up" I joked back and she laughed. I miss her laugh too. "I got a flight to go somewhere with the gang. You know that trip I was talking about" I said and I felt weird lying to her. "What time is it there?" I asked to change the subject quickly.

"Oh I forgot about that. And it's 6pm here." She said and I sighed. So I can't even call her when I land.

"I wish the time zone wasn't that bad" I said to her.

"I know. This week went by slow" She said and groaned. So it wasn't only me.

"Same here. It sucks Angel. I miss you" I told her. I wonder if she misses me as much as I miss her.

"I miss you too" She said back and I smiled to myself.

"McCann can you be any slower?" Kade joked as he walked in. My smile dropped. I heard Mackenzie laugh.

"Shut up Fallon" I said to him. I'm too tired for this shit.

"What? Are you talking to your little girlfriend?" He kept messing around. I walked out of the kitchen and went to the front door.

"Jason ignore him" I heard Mackenzie say. I grabbed my bag and walked out the front door.

"I'm alright" I told her. I saw the car pulling up to take us to the airport.

"Good. I'm with my cousin right now. So I'm gonna go. I'll text you okay?" She said to me. Perfect timing I guess. Kade walked out the front door now too.

"Okay. Have fun." I said back to her.

"I will. Bye"

"Bye Angel" I said then hung up. I put my phone in my pocket and looked over at Kade. He has a little smirk on his face.

"Someone's grumpy" He said to me.

"I hate that you're a morning person." I said and he laughed. Kade is like my little brother and he annoys me like one.

"Sometimes you are." He said with a shrug.

"Only when I get good sleep." I said as we started to walk to the car.

"Missing your girl?" He asked me.

"If I say yes are you going to make fun of me?" I asked back and he laughed.

"Nah, she's cool." Well I'm glad the guys like her. I mean, how can you not?

"Hello guys, how are you?" The driver said as he opened the door for us.