Chapter 20 - Paris?

[Correlates with Chapter 47-49 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

"So you lied?" Hunter asked me and I rolled my eyes.

"I had to." I said back. I just told him and Cameron about how I'm going back to New York to see my Aunt and Justin. Also how I told Mackenzie I had a gang business trip...

"You didn't have to." Cameron said to me. We are in the car on our way home from somewhere we went to get wires for this computer we keep in the van. I don't know, Kade understands it all.

"Why don't you want to tell her the truth?" Hunter asked and I shook my head.

"I don't want to talk about my family. You know she'll ask questions" I told him.

"She's your girlfriend. She's suppose to know that kind of stuff." Hunter said back. "Do you see a future with her?" He asked me.

"I do." I answer in a low tone.

"So then you need to be honest. She basically knows nothing about you then." He said and I felt myself getting angry.

"She knows enough." I mumbled.

"Yeah I mean you already said I love you." Cameron said with a chuckle. I looked back at him from the passenger seat.

"How the hell do you know that?" I asked him. He shrugged with a little smirk. "Travis?" I asked him and he shrugged again. I turned back around and shook my head.

"Travis told us, but Gigi told me." Hunter told me. I crossed my arms and stayed quiet. "Nothings wrong with it." He added.

"So you and Gigi are still talking that's good." I changed the subject. They both laughed.

"I want to get coffee can you stop at that Dunkin really quick?" Cameron asked Hunter.

"Yeah, I could use one too if we are going to stay awake all night" Hunter said back. They have to stay up to finish something. I'll probably have to stay up too.

"I have to pee anyway" I said with a shrug. We pulled into the parking lot and we all got out.

"Yo we're going to sit while we wait for you." Hunter said as we walked in. They went straight to where you order and I went to the bathroom. Before I even unzipped my pants, I checked my phone. I haven't gotten any text from Mackenzie. That's weird. Whatever. I put my phone back in my pocket then went to pee.

After doing what I had to do, I walked out of there and was confused to see Mackenzie standing by where the guys are sitting.

"Mackenzie?" She turned around and smiled at me. I gave her a small smile and hugged her tightly. "Wanna sit?" I asked her.

"No I have to go. My uncles waiting" She told me and I looked at her surprised.

"Wait your uncles here?" I asked and she nodded. "He doesn't know I'm here right?" I do not want to see hi.

"No he doesn't. But just letting you know, he knows about how you killed that cop the other day" She said quietly to us. My eyes widened. What? How does she even know?

"How?" We all asked at the same time. Fuck bro...

"I don't know. He made me go to the wake with him then I asked why I had to go with him and he said that it's because you did it" She told me so I sighed and shook my head. I can't believe he did that. He's trying to get her to turn her back on me. "I'm going to go order then I'll be right back" She told me.