Chapter 62 - I Have To Get Justice

[Correlates with Chapter 55-57 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

Today was awful. It was Kades funeral. None of us even know what to say to each other. I have so much anger. I want to destroy everything.

"I swear to god, I am going to ruin their life's. They are over. They are fucking done!" I yelled. I'm at the guys house. We all came here after.

"We will." Johnson said back to me.

"Right now. Today. Tomorrow even." I quickly said back.

"Bro we all want to fucking hurt them, but we can't react to them right now" Cameron yelled now. I went silent. His eyes are glossy. He looks like any second he is going to freak out. I can't fight with them right now. At least not Cameron. I slowly nodded. They don't understand what's going on in my head. They want to wait, I don't.

Maybe I should just go home.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow. Or whenever." I said to them in normal tone now.

"Get some sleep, Jase." Johnson said to me. I nodded then I walked out. I walked into the kitchen and Travis looked over at me.

"I'll see you later" I said to him as I walked over to Mackenzie. I held my hand out for her to grab. "Can we please go home, Angel?" I asked. She nodded and took my hand. I looked at Travis again. "Love you bro" I mumbled words I never said to him before. I couldn't believe I would ever say that to these guys despise knowing they are my family for life. But on a day like today, it's needed.

"Love you too. Brother for life" Travis said back then looked at Mackenzie and said, "You too little sis"

"We'll see you" She said back. So I gave him a nod then I walked out the front door with Mackenzie. The air was cold today. It's gloomy and feels so strange. "Can I drive?" Please?" She asked as we reached the car. I just handed her the keys without saying anything. I probably shouldn't drive. "Hey" I heard her say as she stopped me from walking. She put her hand on my cheek and made me look at her. "I love you" That always feels great to hear.

"I love you too" I said before kissing her. I pulled away and pulled her into a hug. Everything about her helps me. "I don't understand how none of them want to do anything right now" I told her as I pulled away from the hug. I leaned against the car.

"They want to do something. Just not right now. I know you want to do something as soon as possible, but they just want time to mourn-"

"They did have time. We all did. At the damn funeral today" I snapped. But I didn't mean to. I'm just frustrated. She sighed.

"But still, babe, it hasn't even been a week-"

"See, you don't get it either" I said shaking my head.

"Jason-"

"No. Just" I stopped and tried to find the words to say. "I just don't want to wait" I said and she nodded. I opened the car door for her then walked over to the passenger side. I got in now too. What am I doing? I have to talk to the guys. I can't just go home. I have to talk to Johnson at least. Maybe convince him. "Wait" I said making her look at me confused. "I'm staying here. Go-"

"Jase no-"

"Go home please. I need to stay here" I said as I leaned over then kissed her cheek.

"If you're here, I'm here" She said as I opened the car door again. She turned the car off.

"I am not resting until the guys that killed Kade are dead. I do not want you here while we plan. I am planning today. I don't give a fuck when the other guys want to plan. It is happening tonight" I told her. I don't want her to hear any of it honestly. I don't want her to worry. "You'll go home without me?" I asked since she was quiet. She nodded and sighed. I leaned over again, but kissed her lips this time.