Chapter 54 - The Warehouse

[Correlates with Chapter 35-36 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

It has been about three days since all that stuff with Sam happened. We haven't spoke about it. I think it shook her up a little realizing who she was really talking to. I don't know. But we have stayed clear of that conversation. Which I don't been because now I know she'll never be apart of a mission ever again. I also won't allow it anymore. Two times was enough.

Now she's back at work today. I told her just to quit. I can take care of us. But she wants to be working and keeping her mind going. I couldn't fight her on that. I did tell her to let me drive her today and pick her up so I know no one is waiting in the parking lot. She didn't disagree at all. I know she's worried about it too.

I'm in the car right now heading over to meet some of the gang at where we hold the meetings. I tried to call Mackenzie, but she's not answering. Usually I would say whatever because she's working, but after everything, I'm worried now. So I called the office and told them to connect me to her so now I'm on hold waiting.

"Hello Mrs Bieber speaking" I heard after a minute.

"Hey Angel"

"Oh hey Jase what's up?" She asked me. I feel better knowing that she's okay.

"I tried calling your phone, but you weren't answering and it's important" I started to tell her.

"My ringer has been off because I'm trying to catch up on my work. What's wrong?" She asked me and she sounded a bit stressed.

"Oh shit babe I'm sorry. I just need to know what time you'll be out because I'm on my way to a meeting and if I can't make it out in time then I need to have one of the boys come and get you" I told her. I heard her sigh.

"Don't worry about it. But I think around 6:30" She told me. Damn. She's working later tonight, but that works in my favor because if I finish this meeting early I could still get her. I don't know though.

"Alright I'll let you know. But who ever picks you up is going to bring you to me" I let her know.

"Okay I gotta go, but I love you"

"Love you too" I said then hung up. I think we will both be done at the same time. I have to call one of the guys to see if anyone doesn't care being late to the meeting.

***

"Are you guys done acting like fucking idiots?" I screamed at the two guys who were fighting in the meeting room. And it's over a stupid girl. They both stood there not saying a word.

"Everyone just go home. It's clear no one's head is fully here." Johnson told the guys.

"Agreed." I said shaking my head disappointed. "We will come back in a few days and again if any of you aren't taking this shit serious- you don't want to fucking know what we will do." I threatened them. Everyone mumbled whatever the fuck, I wasn't listening. Then everyone left expect Johnson, Hunter, Cameron and Kade.

"I swear I'll hurt the next person to do this shit. We have serious things to talk about." I ranted to the guys.

"Let's just go. I'm pissed off." Johnson said then headed for the door. I shook my head as we headed for the door too.

"Me and Cameron are going to the gym in the morning if you want to come." Kade told me as he walked next to me. Kade always invites me everywhere. I appreciate it.