Chapter 24 - Waiting

[Correlates with Chapter 57-58 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

"Angel" I've been trying to wake up Mackenzie because her alarm just went off and now someone's calling her. I was shaking her. "Mack!" I said and she opened her eyes. She's so cute when she's just waking up. She grabbed her phone and answered the phone.

"Hello?" She answered. I smirked down at her. "Oh okay what is it?" She asked. I just kept my stare on her. "No way! Awe that's so exciting!" She said with a smile. I laid down again, but on top of Mackenzie. "Oh yeah of course. What time?" She asked. "Okay I'll see you then. Bye" I heard her say. But I didn't move. "Gigi and Hunter are going on a date tonight" I heard her say to me. I laughed at how excited she got over that. "What?" She asked me. I rolled off of her. "What Jase?" She asked with a little laugh. I quickly looked at her than grabbed my phone. I'm not telling her. "You're an ass" She mumbled jokingly. So I dropped my phone and started to tickle her. She grabbed my hands and frowned at me. It was so cute. "I hate when people tickle me" She told me and I laughed.

"That's why I did it" I told her and grabbed my phone again. I sat up and leaned against the head board. She sat on top of me, but went on her phone. I looked up at her and smirked. I missed her a lot. "What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Going through Instagram" She told me without looking up from her phone.

"Oh let me see your account" I said as I grabbed her phone from her hands.

"Hey!" She said and I laughed. I smiled as I looked at her pictures. She's so gorgeous.

"You're adorable" I told her as I looked up at her. She started to blush so she covered her face with her hands. I chuckled and she removed them looking at me again. I looked down at her phone and left Instagram and went to her camera. I held the phone up in front of us so she wrapped her arms around my neck and got closer to me. As I took the picture, she didn't look. Her eyes were on me. And I love the way she looks at me. That made me feel great. "Alright this is going on your Instagram. Just letting you know" I told her then posted it and showed her. I put the caption as "love". I wasn't sure what to put, it was the first thing that came to my mind. She smiled and I put her phone down. "So do we have more to talk about?" I asked because I feel like we didn't say everything we wanted to because of the way I was acting.

"Kind of" She answered. I can tell she was hesitant to say that.

"What time do I have to leave?" I asked her.

"Well Gigi coming at 5 so before that" She told me.

"Wait, but what about your dad coming home?" I asked confused.

"My dad doesn't come home till 6" She said so I nodded. "And my mom will be home by 4 or 3:30, but it doesn't matter if you're here when she is" She told me. My eyes traveled to her bruise on her face and I softly placed my hand on her face. I shook my head. That makes me so angry. "I'm okay Jason"

"I know I know" I said then looked her in the eyes. "What are you going to say when your parents see this?" I asked.

"They aren't going too" She said and I looked at her confused. She can't avoid her parents. "I can put make up on it" She told me. I looked down at her lips and so badly wanted to kiss her. I looked back in her eyes. I feel like I should wait to kiss her. I don't know. She went to get up so I pulled her back down keeping my hand on her waist.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked with a smirk.

"I have to put make up on my cheek" She told me and I frowned as I let go of her. She pouted. I hate seeing her hurt like that. I'm glad I made that guy pay. She's so lucky Johnson and Kade were there. He could have done a lot worse. "Come with me" She said as she got off the bed. I didn't say anything as I got up to and followed her into her bathroom. I put the toilet seat down so I could sit. She started grab different makeup shit.