Chapter 14 - New York

[Correlates with Chapter 32-33 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

The guys and I spent all of last night making a plan. And it's a pretty damn good one. Mackenzie might be a little annoyed and confused, but she'll be fine. I searched for her moms number and luckily I found it. I called her and told her that I wanted to surprise Mackenzie with a little surprise trip for some days. Of course she said okay and how sweet I am.

I grabbed my phone and saw Mackenzie finally texted me back.

______
Me: happy birthday Angel text me when you wake up
Me: I feel bad about everything that happened
Me: can we talk?
Me: you can't ignore me forever babe

Mackenzie: thanks. we can talk later
______

Wow. That's all she has to say. I locked my phone and placed it back down. I guess I'll start getting ready for the trip. I have a few hours till I have to leave.

"Hey" I heard Johnson's voice. I looked over to see him standing in my door way.

"Hey" I said back and continued getting my stuff ready.

"Your girl might hate me after today." He joked and I chuckled.

"Let's hope she understands." I said with a shrug.

"I hope she does. Because there's no way she'll go willingly right?" He asked me.

"Nah, she's already pissed off at me" I said then chuckled again.

"I'll see you there. I'll let you know when we get on the plane." He said and I nodded.

"See you." I said back then he walked out. Let's hope all goes as planned.

***

I wanted to see Mackenzie one more time before I got on the plane and try to make things right. So I climbed up to her window, but I saw her walk out of the room. I opened her window and climbed in. I pulled my phone out and texted her. She responded quickly.

_____
Me: where are you

Mackenzie: I'm home why?
_____

I heard her walking up the stairs and I quickly hid behind her door. She walked in and shut the door and didn't even see me. I wanted to laugh at how oblivious she is. I reached forward and grabbed her waist and I felt her tense up.

"Where you going baby" I said in her ear. She turned around and didn't look that happy to see me. I kept my smirk though.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me as she took a step back. My hands dropped from her waist.

"Wanted to see my sexy girlfriend on her 18th birthday" I said and she looked away so my smirk dropped and I sighed. I stepped closer and put my hand on her jaw and forced her to look at me.
"I'm sorry Angel. I know I've been doing dumb shit, but I didn't mean to hurt you" I said quietly. It takes a lot for me to apologize. It's something I'm not used to. She nodded. "Are we okay?" I asked. She shrugged paused then nodded. I smiled a little bit and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry" I quietly said. She looked up at me then leaned in and kissed me. I put my hands on her hair as we kissed. I pulled away to speak. "Happy 18th" I said then kissed her again before she could talk. We heard footsteps and she pulled away quickly. Then there was a knock at her door.