Chapter 79 - Not To Blame

[Correlates with Chapter 28-30 After The Runaway. Book 3]

"So how is everything?" Khalil asked me. I nodded as I took a hit of the blunt.

"A lot better." I said back. My phone buzzed in my pocket so I grabbed it quickly knowing it might be Mackenzie. And it is.

______
Mackenzie: i love that. where are you?

Me: out back smoking with some of the boys

Mackenzie: okayyyyy
______

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked at Khalil again.

"I'm done." I said as I handed him the blunt. I don't want to get crazy high today.

"Fine with me." He joked. I chuckled and playfully rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to the bathroom. Meet you inside?" I asked him and he nodded. I headed back inside and went right to the bathroom. Tonight's been great so far. Honestly we needed this. We've been so good lately. I feel like I always say that then something comes along.

I finished up in the bathroom and walked out to see Mackenzie talking to Ryan and Khalil. As I got closer, I heard her laugh. I wrapped my arms around her waist and felt her jump a little.

"Hi" I said in her ear. "Come with me" I said then pulled away from her.

"I'll be back" She said before facing me. I grabbed her hand and pulled her away from each other. "What's up?" She asked with a little giggle. I let go of her hand and placed my hands on her hips. I pulled her against me.

"I just wanted some alone time with you. You look way too gorgeous to not be getting my attention" I said which only made her laugh. "What? I'm being serious. I just want to be all over you" I said then kissed her cheek.

"Well thank you then" She said back as her cheeks got a little red. She wrapped her arms around my neck. "Is this because you're high?"

"No it's because you're hot, babe. Well me being high is just not allowing me to control myself with you" I told her and she smiled a little more.

"You make me feel beautiful"

"You are beautiful. You're perfect" Her cheeks grew even more red. I let go of her body and held her face in my hands. "You get more and more beautiful everyday and I had no idea that was possible" I kissed her before she could even respond. I can't help myself. I love her so much. I hope she knows how much I love her. It literally consumes me. I pulled away and we both smiled at each other. She looked at me with this cute little stare. Just the way she looks at me makes me feel loved. "I'll never get over the way you look at me" I honestly told her.

"Same here" She said back with a giggle.

"I know we have to get back to everyone, but I just can't pull myself away from you" I said and kissed her again.

"Just stay by my side all night then" She pulled away to say. I nodded and let go of her face.

"I just love you so much. I can't get enough" I said grabbing her waist and she let out a laugh.

"Hey love birds!" I heard Travis. I looked over at him now. "Come play this game! You guys versus me and Alissa" He said to us.

"Alright bet!" I agreed. I looked back at Mackenzie and asked, "Ready to win a game of beer pong?" She laughed and nodded. I kissed her once more then pulled away from her.

***

"This is the best New Years we've had in years" I said as I wrapped my arm around Mackenzies waist. We are all in the back yard now. Lauren had a big screen put up so everyone could watch that ball drop in New York. Tonight's been a lot of fun.