Chapter 28 - Can't Sleep

[Correlates with Chapter 66-67 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

"Jason I have a question" Mackenzie said to me. It's the next day and we are in her pool.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"How come my uncle and people at school know what you look like when everyone else in the world only knows your name and not what you look like?" She asked me and I chuckled. That was random.

"Babe, when you were a freshman I was a senior" I told her and she looked confused. I'm not sure why though. "Of course some people are gonna know me since I went there" I said and chuckled at her confused look. "Why do you look confused?"

"When I was a freshman I had no idea you went to school with me. Wait I can't believe you were a senior when I was a freshman. You're old" She joked as she crunched her nose which was adorable.

"Yeah and you're dating me" I said back and grabbed her waist and pulled her to me. "And you're a baby" I joked. She pouted then laughed.

"It's just weird to think about. Okay, but what about my uncle?" She asked. Why does it matter? This is weird and random. But maybe she's just really curious.

"Well around the time he killed my brother. He talked to me and shit. I was like 17 turning 18 when this was all going on" I told her. I don't really want to keep talking about this with her.

"He's a cop why would he know what you look like but no tell any other cop or even arrest you?" She asked sounding confused. I shrugged.

"No idea" I answered. "Why does this matter?" I asked her.

"It doesn't. I was just wondering" She said back so I nodded. She leaned her head on me so I hugged her tighter.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"My head hurts" She complained.

"Do you want to go inside?" I asked her. If her head hurts we should just go relax. She looked up at me and nodded. I pulled away from her and we both got out of the pool. She wrapped her towel around her and I dried myself off. I looked over at her and smiled at how cute she looks wrapped up in the towel. She really has this hold on me. "You're so cute" I said as I walked over to her.

She puckered her lips and lifted her head a little which I knew meant she wanted to a kiss. I laughed and leaned down then kissed her. But once I did, of course my phone rang. I stepped back and grabbed it from the table. It's Za calling me.

"Hey man what's up?" I answered.

"Hey bro, you home?" He asked me.

"Nah I'm with my girl right now" I told him. I glanced over at Mackenzie who's face got red. I smirked. I know she loves when I call her my girl to other people.

"You trying to come out tonight? I'm hitting the club" He told me.

"Yeah I'll come tonight what time?" I asked.

"Maybe ten." He answered. I love going out to the club and getting drunk with the guys. Although it's different now. I used to go and just hook uo with girls, but now I avoid them when I go out. It's crazy.

"Totally yeah" I agreed to going.

"Fuck yeah. Tell the guys. I'll slid by your place at like nine." He told me.