Chapter 53 - Sam

[Correlates with Chapter 32-33 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

Right now we are in Sams town. I've been on edge. I still don't want her to do this. We're right next to the coffee shop. Mackenzie and Hunter are in Hunters car right in front of the coffee shop in the parking lot. The rest of us are in the van parked on the street. We have view of the entrance.

I watched her get out of the car and walk into the coffee shop. I hope this goes well because I don't want Sam to be suspicious of her. It won't be good if he is.

"You okay?" Johnson asked me. I looked over at him now.

"You know I didn't want her to do this." I said back.

"So why didn't you stop it?" He asked me. I knew it was a test. I hate when he is right about something. I could have stopped this if I was completely against it. "Relax, man."

"I think she's going to be fine, Jase." I heard Travis say to me.

"The way she's so confident about it, I don't think she'll give it away." Cameron also stepped in.

"Agreed." I heard Kade.

"I know guys. I just-" I stopped myself and just took a breath. "I just worry about her."

"Awe." Kade said making me glare back at him. "Hey, I think it's sweet." He said putting his hands up in defensive. I turned back forward.

"Do you think we should have gave her a mic?" Cameron asked us.

"Nah because Sams smart. He would somehow see it." Johnson said back. I nodded and didn't say anything else. I looked at the coffee shop. I wish I could see inside.

After about ten minutes of the guys just talking about random bull shit, my phone started to ring. I quickly picked it up once I saw it was Hunter.

"Hey" I said putting it on speaker.

"Yo she just told me to go by the door in the car to pick her up. She didn't say anything about his phone or anything. But we will be right there in a minute." He told me.

"Okay" I said then hung up. I really hope she's okay.

"That was fast." Johnson said and I nodded agreeing. We all looked over at the coffee shop and then Mackenzie and Sam walked out together. They stood outside talking. I wonder what they are saying. I wonder what they said that whole time. I know he must have been flirting with her. And that makes me sick.

I watched as he took a step closer to her. He put his hand on her waist and she didn't stop him. I felt myself getting even more angry. I watched her laugh and put her hand on his shoulder. Is she serious? He had a disgusting smile on his face. Then she took a step back and he kept talking. Then she got in the car and Hunter drove off. I can't believe she just allowed that.

"Relax Jase" I heard Johnson say. I ignored him. I guess he could see how pissed I am. She let Sam touch her waist. She even put her hand on his shoulder instead of pushing his hand off. I'm so mad, bro.

I heard them get into the van and Johnson turned his body to look back there.

"Damn I don't know how you did it" Johnson said then added, "Yes!" I guess she got the phone. Good for her. I don't give a fuck right now. "Give it to Kade." He told her. All the guys were praising her for getting the phone. I stayed silent. Johnson smacked my arm so I glared over at him.

"What?" I snapped at him for hitting me. He nodded his head towards the back seats and I knew it was towards Mackenzie. "I don't care." I said then shook my head. I got out of the van quickly and slammed the door. I need fucking air. I heard the back door slide open. I didn't even look to see who it is. I know it's her.