Chapter 71 - The New Teacher

[Correlates with Chapter 11-12 After The Runaway. Book 3]

**Flashback**

I was tapping my foot anxiously as I watched Mackenzie laugh. It's Gigis birthday so all of the gang got together at her and Hunters house. I knew it would be hard to see Mackenzie since we just broke up two weeks ago, but I didn't realize it would drive me this crazy.

When she walked in, I saw her pain in her eyes when she looked at me. She said hi to me then walked right passed me. She did walk straight to Drew who was playing soccer with Hunter. I brought Drew here after we went out for breakfast so she hasn't seen him in two hours, maybe three.

Fuck it, I'm going to try to talk her. I should have fought for us that day, but I was just tired of how all week it was an exhausting fight. I stood up, but before I went to walk, I stopped myself. What am I even going to say? How does she have me speechless? Her stare traveled the yard before it landed on me.

There was that look in her eyes. Pain. I started to take steps towards her and she saw that so she started to walk towards the house. Is she serious? I was quick to catch up to her.

"Mackenzie." I called her name and grabbed her arm to stop her. She did stop, but pulled her arm away from me.

"What?" She asked me. How could she get that mad just looking at me? The fight was equally her fault.

"Can we talk?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"I don't want to talk to you." She told me.

"Plea-"

"No." She said sternly. "I've seen you every morning, every night since you left and you didn't want talk then." She added. Is she mad I didn't want to talk about this then? Or is she just using that as an excuse to be mad.

"Yeah well neither did you." I said back.

"Maybe I did." She said and I looked at her confused. It seemed like she has been wanting nothing to do with me. "We should just learn how to be co parents and be friends." She told me, but I knew she didn't mean it. You could hear the shake in her voice. I know when she is lying.

"I know you don't want that." I said to her. She looked like she was going to talk, but then stopped. Then she walked right into the house leaving me standing there. Like the idiot that I am.

**End Of Flashback**

I took a deep breath and shook my head. I don't know why I think about the hard times once and a while.

"Let's get this shit started." Cameron said as he placed some shit on the table.

"Are you two still going to the gun range later?" Johnson asked Cameron and Travis as he walked down the stairs. We are in his basement about to work on something.

"Yup. You coming?" Travis asked him.

"I wanted to, but I forgot I promised I would take Lauren to see this stupid movie tonight." He said making me chuckle.

"You can't go tomorrow?" Cameron asked and now Johnson chuckled.

"It doesn't work like that if you promised." He said back.

"Yup." I agreed with him.

"That's crazy." Cameron said shaking his head.

"Once you guys settle down, you'll understand the crazy." I told them with a laugh. Johnson nodded agreeing.