Chapter 22 - Home Then Jail

[Correlates with Chapter 53-54 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

I'm finally home again. I just got home yesterday. I didn't realize how much I missed my bed till I got home last night and knocked right out the second I hit the pillow.

Gigi got my number from Hunter I'm assuming and called me a few days. She tried to ask about Mackenzie and I hung up on her. I haven't spoken about Mackenzie in days and I'm not talking about her with her best friend. Fuck that.

Right now I'm in the kitchen trying to find something to eat. But there's nothing I want.

"Hey" I heard Hunters voice. I looked up to see just him walking in.

"Hey" I said back then shut the fridge.

"Me, Travis, Cameron, Kade and these two girls are going to the diner. Want to come?" He asked me.

"Actually, yeah. I'm starving. There's no fucking food here." I said and shook my head.

"Cool. We're going right now." He told me.

"Who are the two girls?" I asked him confused. He chuckled.

"Cameron might have had Janessa over last night" He told me and my eyes widened.

"Nah bro" I said shaking my head. Janessa is this girl I used to fuck when I was bored. "She better keep her hands on Cameron and not me." I told him and he laughed.

"Travis also had a girl over. I don't know her though" He told me and I nodded. "Still want to come?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Fuck it, yeah. I'm hungry."

***

Of course when we sit down at the table, Janessa sits between me and Cameron. She's so fucking annoying. Yeah, she's hot and I used to think she was cool and a good time, but now I can't stand her. I'm surprised Cameron even hooked up with her. I don't care though it's none of my business. I'm done with her, she's free game.

I felt her hand on my thigh and I quickly shoved it off. I'm going to leave if she does it again.

"Guys look behind me" I heard Cameron say. I glanced over my shoulder to see Mackenzies friends sitting at a table. You have to be kidding me.

"I'll be back" Hunter said as he quickly got up.

"So how are you?" I heard Janessas voice. I looked over to see her looking at me.

"I'm fine" I answered her then looked over at Travis.

"I'm good. Thanks for asking" She said with attitude. I should have stayed home. I looked back over my shoulder and saw Gigi, Becca and Alissa looking at me. I rolled my eyes and faced forward again. I have to get out of here. Everyone was in conversation and I was just sitting there looking down regretting coming here. I don't want to be around Janessa when I'm missing Mackenzie. Her friends are sitting right behind me and I know they will tell her they saw me. I looked up once I noticed Hunter coming back to the table. "What did I do wrong to you? You stopped talking to me out of no where." I heard her voice again then felt her lean her shoulder against mine. I pushed her off then scooted my chair away.