Chapter 55 - Anything For You

[Correlates with Chapter 36-38 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

As I wait for Johnson to come back with information, I decided to sit in his living room and call Mackenzie.

"Hey babe" She answered.

"Hey sweetheart. How's the kid in the office?" I asked her.

"Not bad. I'll tell you all about it later though" She said back.

"Oh wait are you with them right now?" I asked because it would make sense why she can't tell me now.

"Yes. How was the meeting?" She asked me. I had a meeting earlier with the whole gang and thankfully no one fought this time so we got to talk important shit.

"You know the usual. I didn't punch anyone" I joked causing her to let out a small laugh.

"Well that's good"

"I don't like that you took an uber there so I didn't have to drive you" I told her and she sighed. She really ubered to work because I hid her car keys hoping she wouldn't go to work. Selfish, I know. But Derek is still alive and god knows if he's planning anything else. I have been playing it cool with him because if he suspects anything, he'll run.

"Well baby listen I couldn't find my keys and you can't drive me everywhere. It's been a little while since the incident and I really don't think it will happen again" She told me. I wanted to laugh at the fact that she has no idea I hid her keys. "Jase can we talk about this later? I'm kind of busy and I have company in the office"

"Yeah of course. I'll be there at 8. Love you" I said back.

"Okay I love you too" She said then we hung up. Which was perfect timing since Johnson and Hunter walked in.

"He wants to meet." Johnson said as soon as they got my attention. He's talking about Sam. There's a gang that's now against his gang and our gang. So since we been civil before we decided what if we are again. Johnson talked to Sam and I guess he agreed.

"We are going to his house in an hour. You down for this?" Hunter asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah. Fuck it. If we could all take these people down together then why not. We were civil before." I said as I stood up. I went to talk again until Travis walked in. "Trav you busy?" I asked him.

"Nah. What's up?"

"Can you come with me to bring Macks car to her job then we could head out to Sams?" I asked and he nodded.

"Let me change and I'll meet you by your car." He said then walked out.

"We'll meet you there." Johnson told me then he walked out along with Hunter. I already had my car keys in my pocket so I headed out the front door. I feel bad that after everything Mackenzie did, we are just meeting up with Sam to talk to him.

As I got into the car, I decided to text Mackenzie while I wait for Travis.

_____
Me: how old is this kid

Mackenzie: 19 actually

Me: a girl?

Mackenzie: no