Chapter 35 - I Know Everything

[Correlates with Chapter 81-82 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

"Do you think the water is cold?" Mackenzie asked me as we walked outside onto the back deck. We are still in New York. Justin left last night, thank god. But we leave tomorrow afternoon. I put down my towel and shrugged at her question.

"I guess we will have to see" I said with a smirk. I grabbed her towel from her hands and placed it next to mine on the table. I quickly picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. I'm throwing her in the water.

"Jason!" She yelled then I started to walk fast towards the water. "Put me down!" I laughed and started to walk even faster.

"No thanks babe" I said then finally reached the water. I walked in far enough to where I could drop her and then I did. I stood there laughing and she came back up pouting. She pushed me playfully.

"I hate you" She said as it was so clear she was trying not to smile.

"Oh do you?" I asked as I started to step closer to her. She nodded then quickly splashed me. My jaw dropped and she started to laugh. She took a few steps away from me. "You better run" I joked.

"Oh really McCann?" She joked back. I started to walk towards and she tried to run in the water. But I was quick to grab her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her body against mine.

"Yeah really" I whispered in her ear. I chuckled once she got the chills. I love the effect I have on her. "I know I still make you nervous" I said as I put my lips against her skin. She was silent for a few seconds then pushed my arms off of her and she faced me. She rolled her eyes at me, but she was smiling. "Hey even though you're smiling, I still don't like you rolling your eyes" I said and her eyes widened like she was surprised.

"Aren't you used to it?" She asked me.

"I should be" I said back and she laughed then nodded. She got closer to me again and put her hands on my chest. I put my hands on her waist now. I wonder how she feels about being here. There's so many secrets this house holds yet she only found out one. "Is it boring here for you?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"No. I like it here" She told me.

"Good because or else you'd have to deal with the boring anyway" I joked and her jaw dropped and she softly hit my chest.

"Jason!" She whined, but laughed. I pulled her body against mine fully. She wrapped her arms around me now. "When do we leave again?" She asked me. I wanted to say never.

"Tomorrow after the morning meeting with some guys from around here" I told her and she nodded. She's so beautiful. I can't believe she loves me. I started to smile at her. "I'm lucky to have you" I said and she began to blush then looked down so I wouldn't see. But I love when she blushes. It's cute. I placed my thumb under her chin and lifted it so she could look at me again.

"I'm glad we ended up together" She told me and I smiled more.

"Me too. But how are we going to get your dad to approve?" I asked as I got serious. Her smile dropped too. But it's something we need to figure out. I don't want anything or anyone to get in between us. I moved my hand from her face and placed it back on her waist. She shrugged after thinking about my question.

"My moms going to help. She's going to talk to him I guess" She said and I nodded. I started to lean in to kiss her. "We can work this out" She told me. I just nodded then pressed my lips against hers. I just can't get enough of her. I'm addicted.

"Yo!" I heard making me pull away from her. This better not be something stupid. I looked at the house to see Bates at the door. He waved to come inside. I rolled my eyes. "It's important!" He yelled. And by his tone, I knew it was. So I pulled away from Mackenzie and quickly ran to the house.