Chapter 73 - I Guess I Deserve It

[Correlates with Chapter 15-16 After The Runaway. Book 3]

"Awe" Mackenzie quietly said as she stared down at this photo of us. I've been showing her some pictures and telling her all types of stories of our life.

"When we first met, we didn't like each other" I told her with a chuckle. She let out a little laugh as she looked at me. She's been resting in the bed and I've been in a chair that I pulled over to the bed.

"Why?" She asked. For good reason, I want to say. I'm an awful person.

"Well, we met at a party when you met up with Travis and he introduced us. I was in the worst mood because I had just got into a fight with someone and here comes this sassy girl who talked back to me like no girl has ever done" I told her with a smile on my face remembering how our relationship started. She has a little smile on her face as she listened. "You did not care who I was. You weren't scared of me at all like everyone else was. That also pissed me off because I like to intimidate people" I said and the end made her laugh.

"Fearless huh?" She asked joking a little and I nodded.

"Yes you were. And you still are." I said back.

"Before you continue, Johnson was in here earlier this morning and he told me about the gang and how you guys always kept me protected and how no one knows we live here besides my mom" She told me. Johnson did say he would tell her for me. "He told me not to be scared" I nodded agreeing.

"There's no reason to be. We protect you and we always have. We're a family" I told her. She nodded and just stared back at me like she was studying up.

"Tell me more about us" She said as she turned her body a little more towards me.

"What do you want to know first? There's so much. We been together for eight years" I told her and she smiled a little bit.

"I want to know everything. How we first started, when we got married, how you asked me to marry you, our wedding day, how in love we are, literally everything." She said making me chuckle. I can talk about it all forever.

"Well you were tutoring Travis that's how you met him so when you came over to the house to help him, I would see you and I was super interested in you. I was like 'wow she's drop dead gorgeous, isn't scared of me, and she's so sweet, how is that possible?'" Her cheeks got a little red now. "So I continuously tried to get to know you, but I also didn't want you to see how interested I was in you, but you just thought I was trouble" I said which made us both laugh. "Which I was so it's okay" I said with a shrug then chuckled. "But then you started to give in and I kissed you and it scared the hell out of me because my feelings for you were so strong already and I never felt such a connection with anyone like I did with you. I was also scared to have anything do with love. Love scared me to death. Then I tried to distance myself and you did not like it because you caught feelings for me too. So you taught me how to face my emotions and deal with them and not push them away like I have done my whole life. We fell so in love so fast, no one knew what was happening. You taught me to be a better person and you taught me about real love. You made me a much better person. I just taught you how defend yourself and not let anyone push you around"

"I want to hear more" She said with a bigger smile on her face. She got more comfortable and kept his eyes on me.

"We were dating for about a year before I got myself into some trouble and I had to flee the state. You decided yourself that you wanted to come with me and you didn't care about the consequences. So we ended up moving to Canada where we got married in court house right away. With my fake name of course. We thrived there. We were so happy as a new married couple. We lived there for two years before somethings went down and we lost one of our guys, did Johnson tell you that this morning?" I asked her stopping my story. I wasn't sure what she knows and doesn't so far. Her smile dropped and I knew she was told this. She nodded now.