Chapter 43 - Days Off

[Correlates with Chapter 7-9 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

I woke up in an empty bed and feeling sick. Great. I picked up my head and noticed the bathroom door half shut.

"Babe?" I called out.

"Bathroom!" She said back then walked out. I started to talk my shirt off. God, it's hot in here. "Wasn't your shirt just on?" I heard her ask with a laugh.

"Yeah I took it off. It's so hot in here" I said then groaned. I do not feel good at all. I pulled the blankets off of me then rubbed my eyes.

"Awe Jase are you getting sick?" She asked with a giggle.

"No. I don't get sick" I said back as I laid down again. I sniffed because of my runny nose and rubbed my nose. Okay, maybe I'm sick. But that's so rare for me.

"You sure?" She asked.

"I never get s-" My sneeze cut me off. I groaned. I'm sick somehow. I watched Mackenzie grab some clothes. "Angel can you please take a day off today?" I asked her. She looked over at me and smiled. I tried to motion for her to come over here.

"Jase I can't just not go" She said as she crossed her arms. I copied her. She walked over to me and went to kiss me, but I moved my head then smirked at her. She shook her head. "Fine. I'll call them right now. Only because we have stuff to talk about" She said and went to walk away, but I grabbed her arm. "Babe I have to call" She said so I pulled my hand away.

"How are you going to do that when I have your phone babygirl?" I asked her as I held up her phone. She didn't even notice I had it. That's crazy. Her jaw dropped and she laughed.

"Oh so you had this planned out?" She asked as she grabbed her phone from my hand.

"Of course I did. Who do you think you're talking to?" I joked with her. Then I grabbed both her arms and pulled her on me. She laughed as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Jase you're sick!" She said as she tried to get away. I didn't let her.

"You can be sick with me" I joked again. She groaned so I laughed and let go of her. She rolled off of me and put her head on her pillow. Then we both stared at each other. Her face got serious now.

"What happened last night?" She asked. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. "You got home late?" She asked me.

"I don't really feel like talking about it right now babe. But yeah I got home late" I answered her.

"I stayed home so we could talk about this" She said so I looked over at her and said, "No you stayed home to take care of me." I smiled and she sighed.

"Jason I'm not joking" I sighed now. Why can't I just joke with her? She sat up and placed her hand on my neck. "You really scared me last night. You weren't home when I fell asleep"

"I know I know. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you. You know that" I said back and she nodded.

"I'm just scared I'll lose you one day" She told me. I grabbed her face softly with one hand.

"You won't ever lose me, baby girl" I said and she started to blush. I kissed her quickly. "You might get sick now" She shook her head and laughed.

"I don't care" She said and I smirked.

"How did it go?" He shrugged as I asked. "It was good. I got him" I told her and she smiled.