Chapter 41 - Marriage?

[Correlates with Chapter 1-4 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

One Year Later
(Two years after moving to Canada)

There has been no problems. Everything has been great. And I'm hoping nothing changes that.  That no one changes that.

About six months ago, Mackenzie went back home to visit her family for a few days. She went by herself. There was no way I was going. But we did go over it with her before she left making sure she was so safe when she went. Which she was and came back safely.

Expect she told her parents that I came here with her and we got married. So they were pissed off that they didn't know and that we didn't have a wedding. But her mom is the only one who actually became happy about it. Shockingly. But I guess not that shocking since she did like me before. She was the only one in her family to like me.

Mackenzies birthday just passed a few months ago. She's twenty now. My birthday is in two months. I'm going to be twenty-four which is crazy.

I just woke up from a nap a few minutes ago and I hear the shower running meaning Mackenzie is home. I grabbed my phone and started to read any texts I got from the guys.

After a few minutes, the shower was turned off and Mackenzie walked out in a robe. I smirked at her.

"You look like you slept well" She said to me.

"Ah I did. Showered without me?" I joked making her laugh.

"I couldn't wait for you to wake up. Plus you looked so at peace" She said. That's cute.

"I needed that nap. How was work?" I asked her. Like I do every day.

"The usual" She responded. I got out of bed and walked over to her. She was looking in the mirror and I wrapped my arms around her from the back. "What about your day?" She asked and I shrugged.

"Just planning shit with the gang" I answered and she just nodded. "So I was thinking tonight we can go out to dinner" I suggested and she nodded agreeing.

"Where?"

"That will be a surprise" I said as I pulled away from her. I have a perfect night planned. I sat on the bed again.

"Not surprised about that one" She said with a giggle. She walked over and sat down next to me. "I had an idea too" She told me. I put my hand on her thigh and waiting for her to tell me. "We should get a pet" She said and I looked at her confused. I did not expect that.

"A pet? I'm going to forget to feed it and shit. Oh wait let's get a fish. Something we don't need to take care of" I said and she started to laugh.

"You need to feed a fish Jason!" She said still laughed.

"Oh right" I said back jokingly and shook my head with a smile.

"So what should I wear tonight?" She asked as she wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

"Nothing would be nice" I joked then kissed her. She pulled away smiling.

"For real Jase" I chuckled now.

"Something fancy I guess" I told her.

"Don't you have to meet up with the boys soon?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, but that won't take long. We can go out at like 7" I said so she nodded then leaned her head on my shoulder. I held onto her tighter.