Chapter 4 - Why Do I Even Care?

[Correlates with Chapter 9, 10, 13 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

I found myself almost at Mackenzies house again. I don't even know what to do. I don't have her number to even text her. And I'm definitely not asking Travis for her number. And if I ring the door bell, I don't want her parents to answer.

What am I going to say? Hi I'm here to see your daughter who I don't even know if she likes me and I don't even know why I'm here, but can you get her for me?

This is probably a mistake. I just don't know why I feel like half the time I kind of want to get to know her then the other half of me is pushing me not to give a fuck. Even though I have been a dick to her, I do feel like I want to know her. I've never felt this way. It feels fucking weird. I don't know what to think, what to say, what to do.

I pulled up and saw two girls at her front door. It's probably her friends. They both looked over their shoulders at my car as I parked across the street from the house. Thank god I have tinted windows.

Fuck what do I do now? I saw the front door open to see Mackenzie opened it so I took that chance to get out of the car. I couldn't just drive away now that she saw my car. That would look weird as fuck. Wait, why do I even care? I'm going to bash my head into a wall.

I leaned against my car and saw her friends look back at me for a few seconds. Mackenzie started to walk out of the house, but Gigi grabbed her arm. I know that girl. That's Hunters ex. I saw them exchange a few words then Mackenzie walked out and the girls went inside.

She walked over to me and didn't look too happy. But I was awful to her earlier so I get it.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me as she crossed her arms and stood in front of me.

"Ouch" I said and laughed.

"It was just a question. Here to talk about your phone call about me?" She asked with attitude and rolled her eyes. I think it was a mistake coming here. I let out a fake laugh and shook my head.

"Do you really think you're that important huh? That the world goes around you?!" I snapped. She threw her hands up like she was frustrated and rolled her eyes. I hate when she does that. "Stop rolling your eyes!" I yelled at her.

"No I don't think the world goes around me, but I heard you talking about me. Don't I deserve to know? Especially when I heard you say you were gonna kill my ex boyfriend!" She yelled back. Oh look now she has the courage to fight back. Where was this before?

"Oh like you care about him!" I said and rolled my eyes now.

"Just like you don't care about me like you said" She said shaking her head then turned to walk away.

"I don't know how" I said quickly. What am I doing? Fuck. She turned back around with a confused look on her face. "I just" I stopped talking and groaned. I ran my hand through my hair and shut my eyes. Do I explain how I'm feeling even though I don't even understand my feelings right now? I sighed as I opened my eyes again. Fuck it. "I'm confused by you" I said loudly. She went to talk, but I stepped closer to her and grabbed her face. I pressed my lips against hers. She didn't pull away. She kissed me back. I was surprised by the way, it felt good to kiss her. I pulled away a little bit and our foreheads were still touching. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I-" I shut myself up and completely pulled away. I turned around to get into my car, but I felt her hand on my arm stopping me. I looked down at her as I turned back around. She wrapped her arms around my torso surprising me. Again, I felt frozen. I don't normally hug people. Just quick hugs from the boys. I gave it and hugged her back. She pulled away just enough to look up at me.