Chapter 83 - Baby Number Two

[Correlates with Chapter 39-40 After The Runaway. Book 3]

"I mean I felt better as the day went on. It was only in-" I heard Mackenzie talking as I dry myself off in the bathroom. I just got out of the shower and she's on the phone with Lauren. I guess they are going out to look at dresses today. I walked out of the bathroom as I heard her quietly say, "Holy fuck"

"What?" I asked her. She looked up at me now. I wanted to smirk when her expression changed once she saw me in just a towel around my waist.

"Lauren let me call you back" She said then hung up and stood up from the bed. "I felt sick yesterday morning. Only in the morning. And today I woke up feeling the same way" She told me and I just looked at her confused. "Morning sickness" She said slowly. No way... I started to smile a little.

"W-what?" I questioned, but with a smile.  "Do you think you could be pregnant?"

"There's a chance" She said and then finally a smile started to appear on her face.

"Oh my god, Angel" I said as I walked over to her now. "Let's go buy a test" I said which made her giggle and nod.

"Yeah let's go" She said back. I would love to have another baby with her. And for Drew to have a sibling. I grabbed her face and kissed her. "I don't want to get our hopes up, babe" She said as she pulled away.

"I know" I said nodding. I actually really want this. I winked and started to back away from her. "I'll change fast." I told her then I walked into the closet to grab clothes. When she had a miscarriage because of the accident, it broke my heart knowing we had created another baby and it was just gone like that... Now that we are in a better place and working on us again, it's the perfect timing. I know Drew would love a sibling.

***

"I'm nervous" Mackenzie said to me. We are sitting in the bathroom in our bedroom waiting to find out if Mackenzie is pregnant.

"How much longer?" I asked her. I don't want to wait anymore. She grabbed her phone to check the timer.

"Hello?" I heard Ryan's voice.

"He's here!" I said as I sat up straight. "We're up here, Ryan!" I yelled then I stood up now. Ryan just got here today. He's staying for a little while. I held my hand out for Mackenzie to help her get up. She grabbed it and I pulled her up. I heard her timer start to go off now. I looked at her again quickly.

"What are you guys doing?" I heard Ryan's voice up here now. I looked over to see he's standing the bedroom.

"Hi, Ry" Mackenzie said happily.

"She just took a pregnancy test" I told him and his eyes widened.

"Oh shit, what? That's crazy. What does it say?" Ryan asked as he started to smile more.

"We haven't looked" Mackenzie said with a laugh.

"Look!" Ryan said back with a laugh too. I looked at Mackenzie and nodded. She took a step over to the counter. I watched her reaction through the mirror. Her eyes widened.

"I'm pregnant"

"Holy fuck!" I said then grabbed her. Oh my god. We are going to have another baby. "This is great. Oh my god"

"Congrats guys" I heard Ryan say.

"Thanks man" I said to him with a nod then looked down at Mackenzie again. "Angel, say something" I said then Ryan and I both laughed.

"I'm just speechless. I'm so happy" She said with the biggest smile. "We have to tell everyone"

"Damn now I could say I knew about all your pregnancy's before everyone else" Ryan joked.