Chapter 57 - Paris

[Correlates with Chapter 40-43 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

I've been standing in the kitchen for a little while now just watching the snow come down. I woke up early for some reason so now I'm down here. I used to love snow as a kid. I lost the love for a lot of things as I grew up.

I heard the stairs creek from behind me and knew it had to be Mackenzie.

"Jason?!" She called out for me.

"Kitchen!" I heard her quiet foot steps and turned around now. She looked at all the snow before looking at me. She's also wearing one of my sweatshirts now and sweatpants. She must be cold. I love her in my clothes.

"I love snow" She said as she walked over to me. I smiled at how cute she is when she first wakes up.

"I do too" I quietly answered her as I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. She laid her head on my shoulder as we watched the snow fall together. "When we were little me, Alex, Justin, and Ashley used to run around in the snow and try to building snow men" I stopped and chuckled at the thought. We were crazy kids. "None is them were good, but my parents loved watching us and it was the best time of the year for us all. But that only lasted till I was about nine then my life became the hell it always was" I told her. I never really talk about my family or the good of my childhood.

"That sounds nice" She said back. She lifted her head from me quickly making me look at her confused. "Hold on" She ran out of the room.

"What the hell?" I quietly questioned to myself. Before I could even say or do anything else, she runs back in with both our pairs of boots. "Put these on" She placed them on the ground and started to put hers on.

"Why?" I asked, but I put the boots on anyway. She put hers on faster than me and opened up the back door so I asked her, "Babe, what are you doing? It's cold"

"We are going to make a snow man" She told me. I couldn't fight a small smile from appearing on my face. She wants to bring something happy back to me. Something that brings me good memories. "Come on" She grabbed my hand. I'm speechless honestly. She's amazing for this. I followed her outside.

"Angel" I stopped her as I thought about what we need. "Gloves?" I asked and she groaned making me chuckle.

"Why do you have to be smart?" She joked as she walked towards the door and I let out a little laugh again.

"I'll get them" I told her so she didn't have to. I was quick to run inside to the front hall and I grabbed them. I'm surprised we have gloves, but she always makes sure we have everything. I walked back outside and handed her gloves.

I had the idea to throw a snow ball at her so as she looked around the yard, I quickly put my gloves on and grabbed snow. She wasn't looking at me so I made it into a ball and threw it at her back. She gasped and turned around looking at me so shocked.

"Oh it's on" She said then leaned down to grab snow, but I ran towards her and picked her up. I threw her over my shoulder getting her to let out a loud laugh. "Jason!"

"I'll drop you!" I joked with her.

"No! Don't!" She begged making me laugh. I set her down and cupped her face into my hands even with my gloves on. She didn't flinch at how cold they might be.

"I love you" I said in a serious tone after I stopped laughing.

"I love you too baby" She said back with an innocent little smile then leaned up and kissed me.

She always knows how to make me feel loved and special. I thought I would never feel that way ever. I didn't have this feeling growing up. I can't lose this.