Chapter 24

Thank you for 25k, 26k and 27k on July 2nd, July 4th and July 5th~❤️

I never realized how many hyunlix shippers there were here until the last chapter.

But that's good.

You'll like this chapter.

🤭

***

It took me two hours and Jisung blowing up my phone with encouraging messages before I braved coming out of the guest room the next morning.

Everyone had gone off to work, and Jisung had successfully convinced Chan to come to work with him to sit and watch as Jisung modeled. So it was just Hyunjin and I in the house. And according to Jisung, he had told Hyunjin about everything we'd talked about yesterday, and the alpha had agreed to help out. Though nothing else was planned besides it being today. So, I spent a long time trying to braven up and leave the bedroom.

When I finally walked out of the room, I hesitantly walked down the hall to peek into the living room. I could hear the alpha all morning as he walked around the house, so I had a feeling he wasn't in his room. And I was right. The alpha was at the table, quietly eating as he stared down at a large sketchbook, slowly but surely moving his hand over it.

The moment that he heard my footsteps, the alpha looked up. He gave me a little smile, before he looked back down at his sketchbook. "I made you breakfast. It's on the counter." He mumbled simply.

"Oh...thank you." I mumbled back nervously, before I went to the kitchen. I grabbed the made plate off the counter and went to sit at the table, sitting on the opposite side at the opposite end, as far from the alpha as possible. He glanced up at me when I did, like he knew exactly what I was doing with that move, but he didn't say anything about it. I avoided looking at him as we both ate, up until the alpha finished. He got up, leaving his sketchbook for a moment as he went to clean off his plate, before he came back and slid his sketchbook down the table until it was right in front of me. Then, he sat down across from me and picked up his pencil. Now, I could see what he was working on--a realistic drawing--of me. I looked at it with wide eyes, only to meet Hyunjin's gaze. The alpha smiled at me when I looked up at him, before he set his pencil back down.

"I know we've kind of gotten off on the wrong foot, but I hope we can look passed that. I promise I won't randomly flirt with you or walk around naked. In return, can you stop staring at me with such an obviously nervous expression? It's hard to imagine your smile when all I ever see is fear on your face when you look at me." He mumbled with a little smile, before he extended his hand. "I'm really not a bad person, I promise. You can trust me, cub."

Cub?

I watched him warily for a few moments, before I slowly extended my own hand and shook his. He gently closed his hand over mine and shook my hand, before he let go and looked back down at his drawing. My eyes flitted back down to it too, observing as the alpha began to sketch my eyes.

"You're very pretty, so I couldn't resist drawing you. I hope you don't mind." He mumbled as he carefully traced a soft line along the bottom of the drawing's eye, defining it just a little more before he switched the angle of his hand to draw more smoothly in a different direction.

"Th-Thank you..." I mumbled softly with a little blush. I nervously took a big bite so I wouldn't be able to reply to the alpha if he spoke again, though that didn't stop him from talking to me.

"You're welcome, cub. So..." He glanced at me with a little smile as he looked over my cheeks puffing with food, before he looked back down with an even wider smile. "What are you into? What hobbies do you have?"