Chapter 67

Again, I ended up crying myself to sleep because of Minho. And again, I snuck out of their house early in the morning to avoid all of them.

But this time, I didn't ignore all of them over Minho and I fighting. When I wasn't busy crying, I was with one of my mates. Out and about, or at my house. But never there's. And so far, after a full two weeks of nothing to do with Minho, I was still upset constantly. And neither Minho nor I seemed to make any efforts to tell the others that we had broken things off with each other. None of them said anything to me about him. Which made me both glad and a bit more upset. I didn't really want to talk about Minho and hear that he was doing perfectly fine. But I also wanted to hear about him, on the off chance that he wasn't doing fine. That he was feeling the hurt as much as I was. But...I guess the alpha had proven pretty well that he didn't care that much. I was left to hurt on my own, while he was probably still living how he felt.

It's not fair.

Why am I the one in pain when he's the problem...?

All I wanted was more romance with him.

Why did he make it such a big thing?

Does he really not care about me? Enough that he's not the least bit bothered by my absence?

Everytime I thought about it--and Minho in general--I started to cry even more. Miraculously, none of my mates had noticed my downward spiral since the talk with Minho. Most of their attention was usually placed on Hyunjin and Seungmin, and usually topics would be them worrying about making sure they knew the most they could about what to do for their mates. Besides Jisung. He and I weren't necessarily fighting, I don't think, but...he hadn't really spoken to me for the past two weeks either. I had a pretty good feeling that he was taking Minho's side in all of this, though I didn't even know if Minho had told them what was going on. But I guess it also didn't matter too much.

I think Jisung is level headed enough to talk things out and compromise with me once we finally talk again. Minho is not.

But...

I shouldn't even be caring if Minho will or won't talk things out with me anymore. Considering we already did talk things out. I tried to be the bigger person. And he basically told me I sucked at it while I was trying to tell him how I felt. I tried compromising. And he refused it. So what the hell am I supposed to do?

In all this time I wasn't talking to Minho and didn't know where I stood with Jisung, and two of my mates were occasionally running fevers and didn't care to leave the house, I had a lot of free time between Chan, Changbin and Jeongin coming to visit. Changbin and Jeongin both worked quite a bit, but Chan did pop by at odd hours throughout the day and week when he was off. Though he was a little standoffish at first, after we talked civilly about how he felt when I deliberately ignored him, we found common ground. I apologized to him, and he apologized for...you know, I don't really even know why Chan apologized to me. But what matters is that we talked things out.

That's more than I could say between Minho and I.

And it really just reinforces what I think about him just being a stubborn jerk that wants things to go his way.

But in my free time, I had gotten the chance to interview some. Though it had killed my wallet too, since...I kind of had to buy new interview worthy clothes. It was embarrassing at hell, but...I had a bit of a pot belly now. I was glad that none of my mates were trying to get physical with me. Though it wasn't so much because I wanted them to respect my boundaries anymore. It was more because I didn't want them to see how big my belly had gotten.