Chapter 66

"I'm gonna split you all up into twos so we can save a few hospital rooms, is that okay?"

Why did I say yes to being with any of them?

My lips were sealed tight and I was tense where I was sitting next to Minho. The alpha was on his phone watching videos to pass the time as we both waited for our test results, while I was left to quietly squirm in my seat and wish that the test were done by now, over and over.

Why did I let Seungmin go solo? Why didn't I speak up when she told me and Minho to go to the same room?

I was chewing on my lip the entire time I was waiting for the nurse to come back. But the more I stared at the clock, the slower it seemed to move.

"Sit still." The alpha mumbled as he ran his fingers through his hair. "These seats are connected."

I immediately froze.

He didn't say anything else to me. Just scolded me to stop squirming, and didn't even bother to look at me. My eyes flitted over to him nervously, before my eyes fell.

"Hyung?" I called softly.

He didn't even have the courtesy to form a proper reply. He grunted his response, still not bothering to look at me.

"...I think we need to talk." I mumbled softly as I tried to resist curling into myself, even though the alpha didn't even have any kind of mean demeanor right now.

"About?"

"...Us?" I suggested.

"No."

I flinched at his firm rejection. He still didn't bother looking at me, and continued to tap away on his phone.

I looked at him a bit nervously. "Why...?" I asked softly. "You don't want to make up...?"

"Are you saying that you want to make up?" He asked as he paused what he was watching and looked at me with a scoff. "Are you ready to apologize for what you've done and said, then?"

"...I think we both owe each other an apology." I mumbled softly. "I'm saying that I'm ready to admit that I was wrong. But so were you. I want to find mutual ground between us and come to an understanding."

"How was I wrong? Explain to me in great detail about how this pans out equally enough that I'm in the wrong." He hissed as he dropped his phone into his lap. "I'm listening."

"Well..." I gulped as my gaze fell. "The entire reason that we started to argue is because I felt like you didn't care for me. Let's start there..." I mumbled softly. "I specifically said that I wanted affection. You assumed sex. And I don't like that that's your default. When I told you I didn't want it, you said 'why'. And that was upsetting. We're supposed to be mates. I thought that when I accepted being your mate and became your boyfriend, that that meant we were on equal ground. I understand if your feelings aren't as strong for me as they are for the others. That's natural. But...I expected to at least be treated similarly. You're affectionate with them and don't always need sex to do it. So why can't you with me? Is it unappealing to you?"

When the alpha didn't respond to me, I continued on after I collected my thoughts a bit and took in a deep breath. "And after I tried to voice what I thought, you sent all of those mean messages. You basically told me that it was sex or nothing to you where our relationship was concerned. And that if I didn't like it, I should leave." I mumbled softly. "And that's the reason why I stopped talking back when I was in Australia, and tried to come back home on the downlow. That really hurt, hyung. I understand if I may have hurt your feelings, or disregarded them while I was trying to tell you what I thought and needed, but...telling me to leave the relationship for speaking my mind...? Don't you think that's a bit harsh...?"