Chapter 79

You bitches better have barked and meowed for me.

Can we fill the comments with hearts now?

Spam me. I dare you.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

***

Turns out...

My mates were very upset. As expected.

Chan?

Was not.

Two weeks later when we had our first shift together again, he was so excited to be working with me again that he could barely focus on the job at all. Anytime we weren't doing anything, he was hugging me and crooning in my ear, letting me know exactly how happy he was that I was working with him again.

That being said...

I was starting to regret my decisions lately.

Both getting a job...

And kind of moving in with my mates.

Both were impulsive.

My feet hurt from working all day, and I never realized how moody I was when I was pregnant until Chan was having to divert my pregnant ass away from the register so I wouldn't blow a gasket at any rude customers.

As for moving in with my mates...

I was never alone.

Which I didn't mind so much.

But...

I was quickly starting to realize how impulsive the decision was. Mostly because of my lack of financial ability to bring anything back to them.

And it was eating me alive.

I'm basically freeloading.

They insisted. And they wanted me to move in. But I should have stood my ground and not randomly decided to join them. I'm happy living with them. And they've made it clear they're happy to have me as an official roommate...and I guess, permanent mate. Like...more permanent than before. It was a big step. And I feel like I shouldn't have suddenly made my decision. Even if both parties are happy with the decision. I just wish I could bring more to the table in return.

I mean, that's why I insisted on a job, even if it upset everyone. I can't work as a nurse. Okay, but can I at least do something? They have to lean for me somewhere. Because I'm not happy sitting on my ass.

Even though me living with them will save them more money in the long run, considering Chan had made off with all of my old logins for paying my bills. At least he's not able to pay those anymore with me staying with them. But...

Again, it was eating me alive.

Though it did help me to take my mind off of it as Chan was cuddling me in the break room after our shift, helping me to get dressed. It had been a full month since I had moved in with them, and it was finally time for my first paycheck. So I was happy about that. The thing is--

I had to get Chan to let me give it to him to contribute.

Which was hard to do, since he was actively fawning over me and the pup. I was three and a half months along now, and he was very clingy. So were my other mates. Between the half of my mates that were ecstatic about the pup, and the two that were still nervous, and then Seungmin, they were all taking excessive care of me regardless of how they felt about the pup. And all of them were upset that I was working, except Chan.