chapter 10

-Hayley's POV-

I leaned back having my forearms support myself. I watched as Niall flipped through the channels, his ocean blue eyes focussed on the screen before he ended up settling on the movie we were watching earlier.

"Are you shitting me?" I laughed while playfully shoving his shoulder.

"Well like you said, it's a good movie." He laughed poking my arm. I poked his stomach, partly just because I had to since he poked my shoulder, but also partly because it was an excuse to touch his abs. I felt my cheeks flush slightly as I did so. Niall, in return, poked at my stomach. I squirmed slightly, hoping he hadn't noticed it tickled. My hopes were crushed when he raised an eyebrow and poked my good side. My laugh escaped my lips and despite my protests Niall refused to stop. I could tell he tried to avoid my injured side as his large hands playfully poked at my side and stomach.

My abs began to ach and I pleaded to Niall to stop. I felt his strong chest rumble as he laughed and I could feel his warm breath on the back of my neck. I noticed how close we were when Niall reluctantly stopped the tickling. I pulled back just enough to look into his eyes.

"I hate you." I laughed.

"Ouch, that's hurtful." Niall replied cheekily. His eyes held contact with mine. I felt his large hand at the small of my back. I couldn't help but blushing as his free hand tucked a few of my stray hairs behind my ear. My skin burned as his fingers brushed my cheek. I Could feel myself subconsciously lean forward. I broke the eye contact by slowly looking at his lips before returning my attention back to his eyes. I smiled and could feel my cheek burn as our noses brushed slightly. My hand traversed from his side to his blonde hair. My fingers played with his hair at the nape of his neck before slightly tugging him closer.

"Damn it!" A loud female voice rang from down the halls, "Is Hayley's doctor here yet?"

"Shit." I cursed under my breath before dropping my head in disappointment.

"What is it?" Niall asked lifting my chin.

"My mom's back." I explained sadly. I quickly removed myself from Niall's side and sat at the edge of the bed.

Mom entered the room, obviously annoyed. She began to bitch at me when she looked up to see Niall lounging on the bed beside me. She gave a slight eye roll before reluctantly greeting him. I looked back to Niall to see him offer a small smile as he waved.

I watched as he pulled himself off the bed and begin to walk to the door. I must have looked like I felt because he patted my shoulder and said he'll be right back. "Where you going?" I squeaked before clearing my throat.

He smiled reassuringly, "I'm just gonna call the boys and tell them they should come by now." he explained before slipping into the hallway.

"Does he not have anything better to do?" mom asked while scanning a fashion magazine.

My eyes widened with anger. "Maybe he wants to be here." I said trying to control myself.

Mom laughed and shook her head. "Why the hell would he want to be here? Publicity? That makes sense. To actually visit you? Hell no." she scoffed.

"'kay Mom." I said, "the doctor won't be here for another hour."

"Unfortunately. I'll probably go shopping in the gift shops." she answered while walking to the door. Niall returned through the doorway. "Actually I will. Right now." Mom continued walking past Niall and turning towards the small stores further down the hall. I waited til I couldn't hear her pumps echo on the hard floor.

-Niall's POV-

I remained in the doorway, watching her mother walk, until she vanished down a small corridor. I glanced to see if the boys had made it but all I saw was nurses in scrubs. I removed myself from the doorway and sat down next to Hayley. She held her face in her hands and sighed. We didn't say anything for a while, we sat in silence as ran my hand up and down her back in an effort to comfort her.

Hayley lifted her head and sighed again. "Sorry she's being such a bitch." she said breaking the silence, "being in the hospital was not on her agenda." she smiled.

I gave her a little hug before insisting that it was fine. She sighed again before reluctantly giving in, she tightly wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Thanks." I heard her whisper.

I looked down at her round eyes, " What did I do?" I asked in confusion.

she sat up straight, "for being here. I don't know why you are, but thank you." Hayley smiled before leaning in and planting a kiss on my cheek. I instantly felt my cheeks redden. I chuckled as her cheeks did the same.

"Why would I be anywhere else?" I asked, "besides I kinda owe you." I teased. She punched my chest playfully. She really was something, I felt like I could talk to her for hours. I knew I've only known her for a day but it felt like I had known her forever.