Chapter 54

-Hayley's POV-

I watched Niall drive off with Logan from my dorm room window. I watched until I couldn't see them anymore. 

"Do you need a hug?" McKenna said from behind me. 

I turned to see her closing the door and extend her arms put to me. A sad understanding smile covered her face. 

I nodded as I felt the tears well up in my eyes. As soon as her arms closed around me, I cried, hard.  

"It'll be okay." McKenna whispered again and again as she rubbed my back.  

It felt like days past before I couldn't cry anymore. Turns out it was only a few hours. I felt exhausted. My eyes were puffy and red as was my nose. The trash can was filled with used tissues and McKenna's shoulder was soaked with tears.  

We didn't say anything. We only sat in silence. I wiped away the traces of mascara from my face.  

I laughed at how pathetic I was. "What a great first day with me as your roommate." 

McKenna shrugged and smiled. "I was prepared for it. I knew it was going to be hard for you two."  

I laughed. "I really love him, McKenna."  

"I know you do." She smiled. "How about we order a big cheesy pizza and put on some movie?" 

"I am all for that. I don't feel like going out in public."

...

You'd think college students would sleep until noon but, of course, not in my dorm. I groaned but kept my eyes closed as I swung my arm over to Niall when my knuckles collided with the wall. I cursed under my breath, partly because that hurt and also because there was no Niall next to me. There was no warmth given off and his scent didn't fill my nostrils.  

I had grown attached to waking up and feeling Niall pull me close and tickle me every morning. I enjoyed watching him laugh for what seemed like hours over something that wasn't funny at all. I missed the way he would sing to me or play the guitar.  

I shook my head in an attempt to shake away the memories. I pulled the covers closer and tried to go back to sleep. I was not ready to face the world.

-Niall's POV-

I had to go back to Europe. It was hard enough not seeing Hayley when I went to bed or woke up in the morning, I couldn't have everything around me remind me of her.

Flashback 

I made it back to Mullingar. I chucked my bag across the room. It hit the floor with a loud thud. I pulled my phone out to find that it was two in the morning and I only had three percent battery left. I plugged in my phone and collapsed onto my bed, hoping to fall asleep soon.  

Another hour passed and I still couldn't sleep. I needed her beside me. I dragged myself into the kitchen and pulled open the fridge. There wasn't much food but there was a few pints, and that's all I needed.  

I continued to drink as I felt the pain slowly starting to numb.  

My mind replayed all our memories. The fourth of July, the time the boys met her dad, every date we went on, and every night that I fell asleep next to her.

My head pounded and my neck was cramping. I lifted my head and felt my cheek stick to the pillow. Oh, maybe it wasn't a pillow. It was the counter top. That explained the neck cramp.  

The sunlight poured through the open windows, blinding me; adding to my headache. I squinted around the room. I must have passed out. Despite the constant pounding on my head, I started to clean.  

I decided to shower and stop moping around. 

I began to rummage through my fridge in search of food when I heard my phone buzz on the countertop. I grabbed it out of habit and unlocked it to find a text from Harry. 

"I heard you're back! Why don't you come hang out with Liam and I?" 

Why were they in Mullingar?  

The again, Maybe that's what I needed: to get out. Besides I was completely out of food and they were already here so who am I to blow then off. 

"Sounds good Mate!"

...

"Nialler!" Harry beamed as he waved his long arms in the air to get my attention.  

"Niall. Niall. Niall. Niall." Liam shouted over and over again as I made my way to the booth. Everyone in the small bar stared at us. Good thing they were used to us doing stupid shit. 

"Whaaaaattt!?" I laughed as took a seat next to Liam. 

I watched as Harry's face fell in disappointment. "Why didn't you sit by me?" He whined sticking out his lower lip.  

"Because you have a tendency to steal my food!" I snapped back jokingly. "And Liam here, is a good boy and doesn't take things that aren't his." 

Liam grinned like an ornery child. "Yay."  

We spent a few hours laughing at everything that came out of our mouths and caught up on what we had missed in the others' life.  

Harry spent a lot of his time with his family and what other random thoughts entered his mind.  

Liam also stayed home a lot with his family. He also said that he had been trying to interact with the fans more through twit cams.  

"What about you?" Harry asked cautiously.  

I took a long drink, thinking of what to say. "Well, I really enjoyed my summer." I tried to remain neutral. "I mean, I didn't see my family much and I missed them but that's why I'm here now. And I had a little trouble keeping up with all the sports but I managed. I think it was worth it."  

I smiled as memories flooded my mind again. 

"How's Hayley doing?" Liam asked quietly.  

I winced. "Well I haven't gotten to talk to her much since she moved in but I think she's doing good." I offered a small smile. 

I knew she was doing good. She was strong. Stronger than I was, not that I'd tell anyone that. I could barley accept the fact myself.

((Well I'm sorry that the update took longer than I expected but I had a lot of fun! uhm like I've said before I'm really trying to update more as well as my other stories. and I know it's annoying but please comment and vote because I don't know what you guys like if you don't tell me! it doesn't take very long at all. If you guys comment and vote more I'll probably update more too!! please? thanks! ily xxx))