Chapter 90

-Hayley's POV-

I thumbed through the notes I had taken over the week. It was finally Thursday afternoon which meant I was free for the  weekend. I absolutely adored not having classes in Fridays. It was just so relieving.

I still hadn't received any word about the  internship. I was starting to grow anxious but I'm sure it wasn't a big deal. I'd probably find out tomorrow or next week at the latest.

I let out a sigh and stretched my back. This whole being slumped over my homework was taking a toll. I padded over to small closet crammed with clothes I had managed to squeeze in every open space. I needed to do laundry. My hamper was almost overflowing with dirty sweaters and jeans from the cold winter.

I pursed my lips as I closed the closet doors. Where did I put my university hoodie? It was freezing in here. I started rummaging through my drawers.

Nope. nope.. nooo. ew hell no.

My brow furrowed when my hands found a dark charcoal gray colored hoodie. It looked huge. When did I get this? I pulled the heavy outerwear completely out of the drawer and turned in over in my hands.

Size large? Why would I buy this? Wait, what is that smell?

I brought the dark hoodie to my nose and sniffed. My throat seemed to shrink and it became hard to breath when the familiar scent awakened every hidden and silenced memory this hoodie possessed.

It was Niall's.

Tears sprung to my eyes despite the sad smile I wore.  I reached for the silver pendant around my neck. It still hung there. I couldn't force myself to take it off. Same with the bracelet on my wrist. I sat on the edge of my bed, tracing the seams with my  fingers.

I had totally forgotten about this. After Niall and I's little  incident,  I had shoved it to the back of my drawer. I had  also turned a bunch of pictures around so the bittersweet memories wouldn't be able to haunt me at night. And now here I was, sitting on my bed with the same hoodie in my hands.  The hoodie I had stolen after Christmas. The hoodie that still held the beautiful scent of my boyfriend.

Some boyfriend.  my subconscious mocked. he hasn't made any contact with you for how long? And yet the boys manage to talk to you throughout the day. What a great boyfriend you have  there Hayley.

I reminded myself of my mother. I shook the thoughts free from my head and slowly slipped the hoodie over my head. It was so warm, just as I had remembered.

I was such a sucker for Niall. It took everything I had not to call him and apologize even though I shouldn't be. I was trying to do the right thing and I get yelled at for it.

Louis had called me yesterday and said that I should call him. He said he wasn't doing very well, but of course I was stubborn and didn't call. If Niall needed me He would call me.

McKenna bounced into the dorm room. Her Brown hair waved back and forth  and she wore a huge grin on her face. She must be in a really good mood. and I mean really really good mood because she was never like this.

"Good day?" I smiled tucking my feet under me.

She nodded dramatically and covered her blushing face with her hands. "Matt is just... he... oh my God Hayley."

I watched as her eyes grew wide and bright as she talked about him. Her cheeks became two pools of pink and the smile could not be removed. 

"But anyway so I was like just down the hall with him, because he insisted on walking me back. And he stopped me and was like 'Hey I know this isn't exactly romantic or anything..' and I was like screaming inside. but anyway he asked me to 'make things official' like we are officially official lovers!" she gushed burying her face in her hands.

I shrieked with her and wrapped her in a big bear hug. "Well it's about damn time!" I laughed.

"Yeah, we're going out tonight." she added. Just then her face fell and her forehead wrinkled. "What hoodie is that?" She asked studying the material.

I shifted my weight awkwardly.  "Uhm, Niall's."

Her lips formed into a small 'o' and her eyes were wide.

"So you guys..?"

I shook my head. "No. I-" I was cutoff by a faint music coming from my desk. My heart dropped down to my stomach when I recognized the ringtone.

Summer Love.

I hesitantly picked up my phone and stared at my screen,  not able to breath. Niall's name flashed across the vibrating device. My hand was shaking as I tapped the answet button. I looked at McKenna who was as white as a ghost. Thing is I probably looked worse.

"H-hello-o?" I stuttered.

"Hey.." Niall mumbled in a monotone voice. My heart droppes again. This just didn't feel right.

"How are you?" He asked.

It felt like we were strangers that awkwardly ran into each other in the middle of an open street. Forced to talk, forced to answer.

"I'm fine." I said, not completely lying. "You?"

"Shitty." He answered honestly. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." I admitted.

"why didn't you call?" Niall said with a hint of anger.

I shrugged. "I could ask you the same thing."

I hears him sigh on the other line. I could only imagine what he looked like. He probably had his hand hanging over his knees and his strong hand was massaging a knot in his neck.

"I felt like you should be the one to call."

"Well I thought the same thing." I snapped.

"If I came there would you talk to me?" he asked a little softer.

I dug my fingers into my hair. I didn't want to juat give in to him like I have in the past. This was my turn to have the upper hand.

"Yes."

The tension lessened. "Well I may be heading that way.. like.... now."

My eyes bulged out of my head. "Excuse me?" I half shouted despite my protests.

"Yeah I'm in New York."

"Niall!" I yelled again. I could feel McKenna staring it me with disbelief.

"Please? I'll be there tomorrow."

I groaned loudly, not even trying to hide it. "ok, fine whatever."

"thank you.." Niall mumbled quietly. The loud noises in the background didn't help.

"Yeah ok."

"we can talk then."

I was growing  agitated.  "why dont we talk about it now, Niall."

"I'm kinda busy." he snapped back.

"Well I have a life too." the annoyance clear in my voice. 

"but whatever. who gives a shit right?"

"Hayley.."

"see you tomorrow Niall." I hung up. I was being totally immature about everything but I was tried of  this. I needed to be respected and trusted.

((ughh finalllyyyy stupid school I hate it!!! btw Diana is perfect!! vote, comment, recommend, dedicate:)))