chapter 24

-Hayley's POV-

I pulled the blue jacket of Niall's tighter around me as I held my phone to my ear. I tucked my knees to my chest and giggled as Niall cracked jokes. I Ran my fingers through my wavy hair. I could feel myself smiling like an idiot.

"So anyway, enough about me, how was your day, princess?" Niall asked.

I felt myself blush and a light laugh escaped my lips. "Uhm well, my ex boyfriend hit on me today." I said biting my lower lip.

"Oh did he?" Niall said, I could hear the tone of his voice change.

"Don't worry, I said no and kicked him in the balls." I laughed in an effort to lessen the tension.

I sighed in relief when I heard Niall's adorable laugh ring out from the phone to my ear. "Well good. He's the dumbass that let you go, he doesn't get a second chance." Niall teased.

"Nope. I don't want him anymore." I smiled to myself, "I just want you."

-Niall's POV-

"I just want you." I felt my eyes widen along with a huge grin spreading across my face. The heat rushed to my cheeks, making them burn. I looked up and down trying to contain myself. I haven't ever had someone talk to me like that before. It made my stomach bounce and my pulse race with excitement.

"Well good," I smiled, "because I'm not planning on letting you go anywhere any time soon."

I could imagine her trying to cover her smile as her cheeks blushed red. I could picture her chlorine colored eyes look into mine. This was, by far, one of the hardest things I've had to do for awhile.

"Babe..." I started.

"What is it Niall?" She asked with concern.

"I can't wait til I'm done with this traveling and I get to come see you again.." I explained fiddling with the drawstring of my sweat pants.

"I know, Sweetie. I can't wait either." Hayley replied sweetly.