chapter 30

-Niall's POV-

The sun had set completely leaving only the stars and moon to light the way. I shut the car door and looked up at the starry filled sky. it was truly breathtaking. I followed Hayley as she lead the way to a big barn, which i assumed was where the party was taking place.

"Hey, Niall. My dad texted me and said he got called out. He won't be back until tomorrow." Hayley said holding her phone.

"Alright." I replied as I walked through the doorway.

Lights hung from the ceiling and coolers lined the walls. There were people everywhere. Girls walked around with their ass hanging out, guys watched them dance. I hid my disapproval and followed Hayley as she led me by the hand to her two friends I met the other day.

"Hey guys." Hayley said. "Oh right, McKenna this is Niall. Niall this is my other friend McKenna." I nodded and fiddled with my flatbill.

"Hey. You're hot!" McKenna winked. She obviously had been drinking by her response and how she struggled to stand straight. "Here have a beer." she said handing a can to Hayley.

I watched as Hayley took the can and started drinking. Maggie and McKenna went off and started talking to some guys in the corner. Hayley called a few guys over and introduced me to them. They were pretty cool lads. There was a tall blonde one named Trey that I got along with particularly. He had been drinking but not enough for his personality to change.

He handed me a beer. "You drinking?"

I bit my lower lip. "well.. I'm the one driving." I laughed.

"You're Irish, right?" Trey asked.

I nodded.

"So this is probably the wimpiest shit ever. I think you'll be ok." he laughed as he pulled another beer out of the red cooler.

He had a point. I took the beer and popped it open. He was right, it sucked.

-Hayley's POV-

I watched as Niall laughed and cracked jokes with some of the guys. He really looked like he was having a good time. I had already drank a bit too much. Not a lot, but enough to be a tipsy. I laughed hysterically as Maggie and McKenna tried to dance.

I felt dizzy so I walked outside the barn into the warm breeze. I was leaning against a post when I felt someone put their arm around my waist. I didn't think much of it. I just assumed it was Niall. I turned around to find two green eyes framed by dark hair. I felt a knot form in my stomach. I pushed his arm away from me.

"Oh, Hayley," his voice confirmed my fears. "Don't be that way. I know you want me." Kyle said pushing me against the post leaning in closer. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Stop." I said pushing on his chest. He moved in closer than before, grinding his hips into mine. "Kyle." I said my sternly. I managed to get out of his grasp and began walking back into the barn. I heard him yell my name in anger. His large hand gripped my forearm. "Kyle!" I screamed. "get the hell off of me!"

No matter my protests, Kyle backed me against a wall pinning my hands above my head. "Get the hell away from me!" I yelled louder.

Faster than lightening, someone peeled Kyle off me and delivered a blow to his stomach. My head began to pound and I couldn't process what just happened.

"When a woman says get off of her, you should really get the fuck off!" the man yelled. I squinted and noticed the blonde hair. Niall. "Stay the fuck away from my girl!" He yelled. Even with the blurriness, I could see the anger in his eyes. He walked towards me and took my hand.

"let's go princess." he said more softly leading me back out to the car.