Chapter 100

-Hayley's POV-

I watched a few dead leaves tumble across the ground as the cool winter winds swindled it's way through the buildings and trees.  It surprisingly wasn't too cold outside for once. Niall's thumb rubbed the back of my hand as we walked through the park. There wasn't many people out today. There were a few people palying fetch with their dogs scattered throughout the park but for the most part we were spending our Sunday afternoon in solitude.

I brought my warm cup of coffee to my lips as Niall lead me over to a park bench.  He rested his arm along the back of the bench, wrapping it around me, pulling me into his torso. He pressed a quick kiss to my temple.

"So are you ready for summer?" He asked cheekily, running his hand up and down my shoulder in attempt to keep my slightly shivering body warm.

"Yes." I smiled, tucking a fly away behind my ear.

"I wish it'd hurry up. I miss spending all this time with you." I placed my hand on his knee and squeezed.

I wasn't lying. I really did miss waking up to Niall every morning and fall asleep in his arms each night. It was comforting to have the sense of security. In knew he would always protect me from whatever I would need protection from. Whether it was rumors or some freak hitting on me, Niall was there. His jealousy was, at times, excessive and annoying but I knew that he only wanted to keep me safe. No one else had cared enough about me in the past. And I knew that I didn't want to lose it. I had lost it once before and I spent every passing minute by that awful hospital bedside until I had it back.

Niall smiled deeply exposing a dimple of his left cheek that I rarely got to see.

"I miss you too.  Which leads me into my next point.." He scooted closer until there was no distance between us at all. His hand securely wrapped around to my shoulder. Whatever was on his mind, he was taking time to form the words correctly. He sighed and then shook his head with a smile.

"Are you going to tell me anytime soon?" I teased nudging his arm.

He shook his head again and laughed.

"Well I have this idea. Neither of us enjoy being away from each other and it only seems to cause useless bickering between us."

"Okay..?" I said slowly.

"So I was thinking, what if I don't leave you this time?"

What?

His dark eyes, as blue as the Pacific,  searched my face for a reaction.

"Niall.." I started befor taking a deep breath.

"You're going back. You got tour." I was flattered by Niall's offer but I knew how much touring meant to him and the fans. I received enough death threats already, I didn't need or want any more.

Niall scrunched his nose and shook his head.

"Well duh!" he laughed before taking my hand in his.

"I meant... what if you come with me?"

Oh.

oh fuck.

oh hell.

oh shit.

oh no...

I stared back blankly at Niall. My mouth agape and unable to form words. This is not what I imagined. I wasn't going to just drop school and go on tour with  him. I wanted to be dependent for a while. I wanted to strive off my own hard work and get a sense of accomplishment. I had my internship. I.. no.. just no.