chapter 21

-Niall's POV-

The rest of the day flew by like the wind blowing through the trees, Here one second and gone the next. I grabbed my bag off Hayley's desk before dropping it back down on the floor. She looked up at me with a smile but teary eyes.

"No crying." I laughed while embracing her into a tight hug. "We're going to be fine."

She buried her head into my chest while mumbling. I lifted her chin to cause her eyes to make contact with mine.

"I can't understand you when you talk to my shirt.

She laughed lightly, "I know. I'll be fine, it's Logan or Dad that I'm worried about." She took my hat from the bag and put it on my head. "You'll do just fine without me." She winked.

"I'm not so sure about that one." I said pressing a kiss to her forehead. "But there is one thing." She looked up at me with confusion in her beautiful eyes. I grabbed my jacket and flung it over her shoulders. She grinned as her cheeks flushed a light pink. "Don't forget about me." I teased wrapping my arms around her waist again.

"I won't. I can't. It's impossible." She replied before leaning in and leaving a quick kiss on my lips.

I threw my bag into the back of the car before turning to face Hayley and her dad.

"I'm gonna go get Logan." Hayley said before jogging into the house.

I turned to her dad and smiled. "Sir, I have a question I'd like to ask you." I said adjusting my hat slightly.

"And what is that?" Derek asked crossing his arms across his chest.

I took a deep breath, "I'd like to date your daughter, Sir." I said calmly. "I know I haven't known her very long but I want to continue getting to know her. And besides, Sir, I like her a lot." I trailed off forcing myself to make eye contact. He looked at me and grinned.

"Sure thing." He said shaking my hand. "and like I said you can call me Derek." I nodded my head and said alright. I felt so relieved. "On one condition, " Derek said, "I wanna meet Liam."

"I can arrange that." I laughed as he gave my shoulders a shake.

-Hayley's POV-

I stepped out onto the porch with Logan to find Niall and Dad laughing. I smiled when I caught Niall's eye. We spent about an hour standing in the warm spring breeze saying our goodbyes.

"Well Niall," my dad said sticking out his hand, "it's been a pleasure meeting you." Niall shook his hand before turning to Logan and giving him a hug. "Uhm Logan come with me, I need your help with something inside." dad said.

"Dad do you-" I started.

"No. Just Logan." Derek said pushing Logan back towards the house.

I felt Niall grasp my hands and pulling me in closer. I smiled up at him before wrapping my arms around him in a hug.

"Hayley," he whispered into my hair. "I think it's clear that I like you... a lot."

I nodded and watched his cheeks flush with embarrassment.

"So.. I mean... do you.."

I leaned up and kissed him cutting off his sentence. I pulled back and looked into his wide blue eyes. "Yes." I smiled.

He grinned before becoming serious again."You have to let me finish. It's rude to interrupt." he said.

"Oh. I'm sorry." I teased.

"So where was I?" he said tucking my hair behind my ear.

"You were saying so.. I mean.. do you..." I teased with a laugh.

"Be mine. Be my princess, if you can stand being that girly and all anyway." He smirked as he cupped my cheek.

"I can adjust." I said quietly while wrapping my arms around his neck and standing on my tip toes to kiss him hard.

I waved as Niall drove down the drive way back to Kansas City. I smiled as I walked back to the house.

"I still want to meet Liam." Dad teased.

"And you know, this Zayn guy looks pretty cool!" Logan pipped from the kitchen, "Or that Louis guy." I laughed before lounging onto the couch, wrapping myself in his grey jacket.